Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu current bonus rates for nukes

Author Topic: current bonus rates for nukes  (Read 17444 times)

sdn1990

current bonus rates for nukes
« on: Dec 23, 2009, 01:12 »
Hello to all, my name is Steven and i just wanted to update nukes on the current bonuses being offered for enlisted nuke didnt see a topic on it but thought it was helpful.
nuke enlisted bonuses:
21k,23k,25k
from what i was told its all dependant on the time you swear in and the time you leave
I leave May 13th 2010 for basic and will do my best to keep all of you updated.
as for the NQFT the passing standard now is only 50 out of 80 questions
i scored 93 on the ASVAB but not high enough in the sub catagories.
I had some questions about course work in A school im about to pick up another quarter of college to refresh in math at my local college. I will be taking Trig can anyone tell me what levels of math to expect in A school? also I'm goning to take computer science/programing If i enjoy it would ET be a good rate for me?

Samabby

Re: current bonus rates for nukes
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2009, 02:21 »
You seem born to be an ET. Thanks for signing up, but in the meantime, please review previously posted materials for a few days.

sdn1990

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2009, 02:38 »
I have been this site is wonderful. I wish my recruiter had told me about this site previous to to enlisting. i would still have nuked up but I would have taken a much closer look at it why do i keep hearing that ET'S are all w.o.w. and d.o.d. I don't play either of those and was an athlete in high school. also course work as far as  math levels in pipe line anyone know?

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2009, 05:50 »
I have been this site is wonderful. I wish my recruiter had told me about this site previous to to enlisting. i would still have nuked up but I would have taken a much closer look at it why do i keep hearing that ET'S are all w.o.w. and d.o.d. I don't play either of those and was an athlete in high school. also course work as far as  math levels in pipe line anyone know?

Do you speak English better than you write it?

sdn1990

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:00 »

Do you speak English better than you write it?

Gee.......I don't know?

In this case I vote who gives a s%*t? your not helping, to be honest my language is exactly that....mine. I'm not an english major for a reason. I will try to speak more clearly for you

Offline BK3

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:05 »
Gee.......I don't know?

In this case I vote who gives a s%*t? your not helping, to be honest my language is exactly that....mine. I'm not an english major for a reason. I will try to speak more clearly for you

That will probably not win you any friends here.

As far as wanting to be an ET, from my understanding we put in a wish list at boot camp, and then based on Navy needs and scores for tests they determine if we are MM, EM, or ET. I decided to not really  care where I end up so I am not disappointed with whatever job I get.

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:07 »
Gee.......I don't know?

I guess you don't plan on doing very well as a nuke do you son? In our world you need to write clearly using correct capitalization and punctuation. You also have to be able to accept feedback from a real qualified nuclear type guy without being a snot nosed whining child. Get used to it as I'm actually one of the NICER people in this industry.

sdn1990

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:12 »
I guess you don't plan on doing very well as a nuke do you son? In our world you need to write clearly using correct capitalization and punctuation. You also have to be able to accept feedback from a real qualified nuclear type guy without being a snot nosed whining child. Get used to it as I'm actually one of the NICER people in this industry.

I plan to be the best nuke I can be sir. I will do my best to write clearly and puncuate properly. As for whining child? I'll just give that a smile and a laugh and move on. I was looking for answers to questions not language lessons. Thank you for the tip though.

sdn1990

« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:13 »

sorry for the knee jerk.

Fermi2

« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:15 »
You're not even a NUB yet. You'll get whatever lessons someone who has actually qualified in this industry decides to teach you. Yes you are a whining child. Your initial response to me is the [proof in the pudding until you prove otherwise.

sdn1990

« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:21 »
You're not even a NUB yet. You'll get whatever lessons someone who has actually qualified in this industry decides to teach you. Yes you are a whining child. Your initial response to me is the [proof in the pudding until you prove otherwise.

Your right about the NUB part. Anyways, I apologized for snapping and what rate were you? I'm curious as to where I would be able to excel the most. I know for sure MM is not the way to go for me but EM/ET or ELT is still up in the air. 

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:27 »
Your right about the NUB part. Anyways, I apologized for snapping and what rate were you? I'm curious as to where I would be able to excel the most. I know for sure MM is not the way to go for me but EM/ET or ELT is still up in the air. 

If you had actually done any research, you would likely know that in order to be an ELT, you must be a MM.

Cheers,
GC
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

sdn1990

« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:32 »
If you had actually done any research, you would likely know that in order to be an ELT, you must be a MM.

Cheers,
GC

Actually, I did know that ELTs are pulled from a pool of MMs for another "C" school. I saw it in another post but Its still up for consideration I just don't want be a regular MM. I'm not very good with mechnical repair at least with no formal training I'm not

Fermi2

« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:34 »
The Navy will give you plenty of training but experience is the only way to learn.

Offline BK3

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:37 »
I want to be an ELT as well, but if I end up as an MM, ET, or EM so be it. My dad is/was a conventional MM who worked in A-gang and I've only ever been fearful of the rate since I suck with a wrench. But at the end of the day I'm sure the Navy will teach me how to do these things and I'm just gearing up for the school.

sdn1990

« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:42 »
The Navy will give you plenty of training but experience is the only way to learn.

what ever I end up as I'll do my best at. I suck with a wrench too. I worked in a tool repair shop and broke more tools then I fixed.  They asked me not to come back. I'm glad I will be going to basic in may I don't want freeze to freeze to death in basic.

Offline Jester

• Light User
  • Potential Nuke
« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2009, 06:46 »
Just letting you know, enlistment bonuses and reenlistment bonuses are covered in a stickied thread on the main page, along with most of the information anyone new to the site would need.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,16169.0.html

Actually, I did know that ELTs are pulled from a pool of MMs for another "C" school. I saw it in another post but Its still up for consideration I just don't want be a regular MM. I'm not very good with mechnical repair at least with no formal training I'm not

MM:  Mathematics, physics, thermodynamics, mechanical theory, fluid flow, safety, general engineering maintenance, hand tools and test equipment, valves, piping fittings, bearings and lubrication, pumps, steam turbines, reduction gears, heat exchanges, condensers, air ejectors, air compressors, refrigeration, air conditioning, evaporators, propulsion plant piping systems overview

EM:  Mathematics, physics, AC/DC electrical theory, test equipment, maintenance and repair, safety, transistor theory, vacuum tube theory, communications, transmitters, receivers, pulse techniques, synchro-servos, magnetism and magnetic amplifiers, digital electronics, microprocessors, radar, AC/DC motors and generators

ET:  Mathematics, physics, AC/DC electrical theory, test equipment, maintenance and repair, safety transistor theory, vacuum tube theory, communications, transmitters, receivers, pulse techniques, synchro-servos, magnetism and magnetic amplifiers, digital electronics, microprocessors, radar, AC/DC motors and generators

Not to speak of your aptitude for repair in general, but you're going to have to be able to repair stuff anyways. Mechanical and electrical repairs can be pretty similar, believe it or not. I'm not a nuke yet, but I've done a fair amount of both.
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2009, 06:47 by Jester »
Potential Nuke - Help me learn!

sdn1990

« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2009, 07:01 »
Not to speak of your aptitude for repair in general, but you're going to have to be able to repair stuff anyways. Mechanical and electrical repairs can be pretty similar, believe it or not. I'm not a nuke yet, but I've done a fair amount of both.

I think with training I'll be fine just hard for me to fix something I didn't know anything about I think I'll put down ET then EM and be good either way. Thanks for the links.  ;D I just thought the tool story was interesting. well see what "needs of the Navy" gives me   

Offline BK3

• Light User
« Reply #18 on: Dec 23, 2009, 08:03 »
Oh I agree nothing but respect for my dad. I also worked as a mechanic at a bowling alley for around 2 years and was able to pick things up. Such a niche market those old A-2 bowling machines. I'm probably going MM in hopes of ELT, but I'll be happy regardless.

withroaj

« Reply #19 on: Dec 23, 2009, 10:16 »
Gee.......I don't know?

Actually, I did know that ELTs are pulled from a pool of MMs for another "C" school. I saw it in another post but Its still up for consideration I just don't want be a regular MM. I'm not very good with mechnical repair at least with no formal training I'm not...

Let's pretend for a second that Mr. Broadzilla has influenced multiple nuclear careers post-Navy, and that Mr. Gamecock is a prior-enlisted Officer working with the nuclear big-wigs in the Navy.  I know that www.nukeworker.com is kind of a whimsical name for a website, and that an internet forum seems like a place that you can respond however you want to whomever you want; but just might be responding to people who will control your destiny (directly or indirectly) in a short while.

If you have ELT (spoken "best of the best of the best") on your mind, or really if you're planning on being any sort of Navy Nuke, you need to understand that an Enlisted Nuke's job involves a good deal of respectful disagreement with people above you.  After a few short years you'll be answering to Officers fresh out of college who may have little understanding of your equipment, and you're in one of very few enlisted positions in the U.S. Military to shut down an order if that order will take you (and the plant) down the wrong path.  You can actually be removed from watchstanding or lose your nuclear NEC for failure to decline orders that put the plant in jeopardy.  Believe it or not, the plant is too complex for just the guy in the box to understand everything that's going on, and it takes the whole team to keep the place running safely.

You can't provide forceful backup to superiors when you come across as having a punk attitude (whether or not you intend to sound snippy, you just might).  Even if you're right, your advice will get shot down if you can't respectfully present your position to the folks in charge.  Take now as a time to learn to think on your toes while keeping your end of the conversation respectful.

The folks on a forum can't hear your tone, so sometimes it's best to take a second look at what you've typed prior to hitting 'post.'  You'd never know, you might just wind up working directly for some folks who read/post on this very forum.

Good luck with your Navy Adventure there, cowpoke.
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2009, 10:31 by withroaj »

sdn1990

« Reply #20 on: Dec 24, 2009, 03:15 »
Let's pretend for a second that Mr. Broadzilla has influenced multiple nuclear careers post-Navy, and that Mr. Gamecock is a prior-enlisted Officer working with the nuclear big-wigs in the Navy.  I know that www.nukeworker.com is kind of a whimsical name for a website, and that an internet forum seems like a place that you can respond however you want to whomever you want; but just might be responding to people who will control your destiny (directly or indirectly) in a short while.

If you have ELT (spoken "best of the best of the best") on your mind, or really if you're planning on being any sort of Navy Nuke, you need to understand that an Enlisted Nuke's job involves a good deal of respectful disagreement with people above you.  After a few short years you'll be answering to Officers fresh out of college who may have little understanding of your equipment, and you're in one of very few enlisted positions in the U.S. Military to shut down an order if that order will take you (and the plant) down the wrong path.  You can actually be removed from watchstanding or lose your nuclear NEC for failure to decline orders that put the plant in jeopardy.  Believe it or not, the plant is too complex for just the guy in the box to understand everything that's going on, and it takes the whole team to keep the place running safely.

You can't provide forceful backup to superiors when you come across as having a punk attitude (whether or not you intend to sound snippy, you just might).  Even if you're right, you're advice will get shot down if you can't respectfully present your position to the folks in charge.  Take now as a time to learn to think on your toes while keeping your end of the conversation respectful.

The folks on a forum can't hear your tone, so sometimes it's best to take a second look at what you've typed prior to hitting 'post.'  You'd never know, you might just wind up working directly for some folks who read/post on this very forum.

Good luck with your Navy Adventure there, cowpoke.

Your 100% right and I apologized to him both in this thread  and on a private P.M. (knee jerk is still being a jerk) as for control of my fate I believe we all control our own destiny as for MMs I don't have any disrespect for them, its just not what I WANT to be as of this point and the beauty of an opinion is even if its terrible I am still entitled to it. Sometimes I speak with out thinking a curse of being 20 I'm sure. I was just curious as to what personalities fit best where and excel where so that i do not find myself as a square peg in a round hole. clearly I do not deserve the respect he does and I realize that

Offline LT Dan

• Moderate User
« Reply #21 on: Dec 24, 2009, 03:37 »
Clearly I do not deserve the respect he does and I realize that

You are wrong about that.  Don't ever sell yourself short.

Anyone serving, has served, or will serve is worthy of admiration and respect. 

BZ is just a prideful, arrogant man who thinks way to highly of himself.   Don't let him or anyone else bully you around.

Good luck to you in the future.

sdn1990

« Reply #22 on: Dec 24, 2009, 03:51 »

BZ is just a prideful, arrogant man who thinks way to highly of himself.   Don't let him or anyone else bully you around.

lol why cant we all just get along here! either way I'd still like to catch more bees with honey. again back to the main point i was making in the very begining does anyone know the level of math in A school?

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #23 on: Dec 24, 2009, 03:53 »
lol why cant we all just get along here! either way I'd still like to catch more bees with honey. again back to the main point i was making in the very begining does anyone know the level of math in A school?

It is basic algebra and trigonometry.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

withroaj

« Reply #24 on: Dec 24, 2009, 06:08 »
... I was just curious as to what personalities fit best where and excel where so that i do not find myself as a square peg in a round hole. clearly I do not deserve the respect he does and I realize that...

You're choosing to enter the military during a time of armed conflict.  You'll spend a good chunk of your six year enlistment deployed in support of that conflict.  The fact that you will knowingly join warrants you a healthy amount of respect, not measurable against any other person regardless of status (except, of course, when you're finally in the military -- then the stratified culture wins out and you'll find out where you fit on the ol' totem pole).

The fact is, when you're in some folks (a minority nowadays -- and most of them will work outside your division/department) will use the fact that they outrank you to treat you without a shred of respect, consequence free.  You'll be tempted to unleash a salvo of F-Bombs into their faces, but knee jerks go largely unforgiven in the military when they come from the bottom up.  Cooler heads don't always prevail, but keeping your composure can keep you out of a heap of trouble.

Another thing I can promise you:  for the first little bit you'll feel like a square peg in a round hole, regardless of your rate.  The Navy is the military, and unless you grew up wearing a high-and-tight and squaring your corners as you walked, things will be weird for a while.  A little into A-School the boot camp militarism wears off, and you're faced with a whole new challenge:  individual accountability (though you will still face the consequences of the mistakes of those around you as long as you stay in) in the face of temptation, with little adult supervision to keep you in check.  All sorts of attitudes and behavior patterns can develop through the pipeline, and some folks make it all the way through their enlistments without getting called on them.

I ramble.  This is a weird community you're about to enter, and no matter where you go you'll feel like a fish out of water for a bit; but the Pipeline will train you well enough to hit the ground running, regardless of rate, if you're willing and able.  Make sure you have fun with it.

sdn1990

« Reply #25 on: Dec 28, 2009, 05:03 »
You're choosing to enter the military during a time of armed conflict.  You'll spend a good chunk of your six year enlistment deployed in support of that conflict.  The fact that you will knowingly join warrants you a healthy amount of respect, not measurable against any other person regardless of status (except, of course, when you're finally in the military -- then the stratified culture wins out and you'll find out where you fit on the ol' totem pole).

The fact is, when you're in some folks (a minority nowadays -- and most of them will work outside your division/department) will use the fact that they outrank you to treat you without a shred of respect, consequence free.  You'll be tempted to unleash a salvo of F-Bombs into their faces, but knee jerks go largely unforgiven in the military when they come from the bottom up.  Cooler heads don't always prevail, but keeping your composure can keep you out of a heap of trouble.

Another thing I can promise you:  for the first little bit you'll feel like a square peg in a round hole, regardless of your rate.  The Navy is the military, and unless you grew up wearing a high-and-tight and squaring your corners as you walked, things will be weird for a while.  A little into A-School the boot camp militarism wears off, and you're faced with a whole new challenge:  individual accountability (though you will still face the consequences of the mistakes of those around you as long as you stay in) in the face of temptation, with little adult supervision to keep you in check.  All sorts of attitudes and behavior patterns can develop through the pipeline, and some folks make it all the way through their enlistments without getting called on them.

I ramble.  This is a weird community you're about to enter, and no matter where you go you'll feel like a fish out of water for a bit; but the Pipeline will train you well enough to hit the ground running, regardless of rate, if you're willing and able.  Make sure you have fun with it.

Thanks that was insanely helpful! Thank you to all for the replies and advice.

Fermi2

« Reply #26 on: Dec 28, 2009, 06:43 »

No BZ is the best nuke alive and he knows it. There is a huge difference between cocky and arrogant if you can back it up. I can back it up. In the real, non Tballer world I'm practically a kitten compared to some of my SM counterparts.

Mike

sdn1990

« Reply #27 on: Dec 28, 2009, 06:50 »
No BZ is the best nuke alive and he knows it. There is a huge difference between cocky and arrogant if you can back it up. I can back it up. In the real, non Tballer world I'm practically a kitten compared to some of my SM counterparts.

Mike

arrogant - having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride; "an arrogant official"
cocky- overly self-confident or self-assertive; "a very cocky young man"
The words are related according to Webster. BZ is real and doesn't bite his tongue from what I have seen. 

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #28 on: Dec 28, 2009, 08:59 »

Mike

The best nuke alive...

...a kitten compared to some of my SM counterparts.

I think you need to work on phraseology, mutually exclusive statements in such a short piece are a glaring error in thought process.
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2009, 06:16 by Marlin »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?