Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu current bonus rates for nukes honeypot

Author Topic: current bonus rates for nukes  (Read 17445 times)

sdn1990

Re: current bonus rates for nukes
« Reply #25 on: Dec 28, 2009, 05:03 »
You're choosing to enter the military during a time of armed conflict.  You'll spend a good chunk of your six year enlistment deployed in support of that conflict.  The fact that you will knowingly join warrants you a healthy amount of respect, not measurable against any other person regardless of status (except, of course, when you're finally in the military -- then the stratified culture wins out and you'll find out where you fit on the ol' totem pole).

The fact is, when you're in some folks (a minority nowadays -- and most of them will work outside your division/department) will use the fact that they outrank you to treat you without a shred of respect, consequence free.  You'll be tempted to unleash a salvo of F-Bombs into their faces, but knee jerks go largely unforgiven in the military when they come from the bottom up.  Cooler heads don't always prevail, but keeping your composure can keep you out of a heap of trouble.

Another thing I can promise you:  for the first little bit you'll feel like a square peg in a round hole, regardless of your rate.  The Navy is the military, and unless you grew up wearing a high-and-tight and squaring your corners as you walked, things will be weird for a while.  A little into A-School the boot camp militarism wears off, and you're faced with a whole new challenge:  individual accountability (though you will still face the consequences of the mistakes of those around you as long as you stay in) in the face of temptation, with little adult supervision to keep you in check.  All sorts of attitudes and behavior patterns can develop through the pipeline, and some folks make it all the way through their enlistments without getting called on them.

I ramble.  This is a weird community you're about to enter, and no matter where you go you'll feel like a fish out of water for a bit; but the Pipeline will train you well enough to hit the ground running, regardless of rate, if you're willing and able.  Make sure you have fun with it.

Thanks that was insanely helpful! Thank you to all for the replies and advice.

Fermi2

« Reply #26 on: Dec 28, 2009, 06:43 »
You are wrong about that.  Don't ever sell yourself short.

Anyone serving, has served, or will serve is worthy of admiration and respect. 

BZ is just a prideful, arrogant man who thinks way to highly of himself.   Don't let him or anyone else bully you around.

Good luck to you in the future.

No BZ is the best nuke alive and he knows it. There is a huge difference between cocky and arrogant if you can back it up. I can back it up. In the real, non Tballer world I'm practically a kitten compared to some of my SM counterparts.

Mike

sdn1990

« Reply #27 on: Dec 28, 2009, 06:50 »
No BZ is the best nuke alive and he knows it. There is a huge difference between cocky and arrogant if you can back it up. I can back it up. In the real, non Tballer world I'm practically a kitten compared to some of my SM counterparts.

Mike

arrogant - having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride; "an arrogant official"
cocky- overly self-confident or self-assertive; "a very cocky young man"
The words are related according to Webster. BZ is real and doesn't bite his tongue from what I have seen. 

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #28 on: Dec 28, 2009, 08:59 »

Mike

The best nuke alive...

...a kitten compared to some of my SM counterparts.

I think you need to work on phraseology, mutually exclusive statements in such a short piece are a glaring error in thought process.
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2009, 06:16 by Marlin »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?