Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Authorized Nuclear Inspectors honeypot

Author Topic: Authorized Nuclear Inspectors  (Read 6727 times)

soxfan

Authorized Nuclear Inspectors
« on: Jan 04, 2010, 08:45 »
I've searched the boards and only found two threads that even mention ANI's. I am a nuke MM getting out of the Navy this summer and have been in the QA field for the last 4 years aboard CVN's and at Norfolk Naval Shipyard. My question is, can someone tell me what all is involved in being an ANI? I have been to nationalboard.org to look at the training requirements. What is an average work day/work week like for an ANI? What is the pay like for ANI's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Offline Adam Grundleger

• Moderate User
Re: Authorized Nuclear Inspectors
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2010, 07:15 »
To become an ANI, you'll need to be an Authorized Inspector of boilers and pressure vessels for one year.  This requires employment by an Authorized Inspection Agency and successful completion of the commission and endorsement exams.  Then you take the additional endorsement exams for nuclear and nuclear inservice.  Your experience should more than cover the required background.

Hartford Steam Boiler has some openings.  Their website is www.hsbct.com and you can apply online.  If you have any questions, PM me. I'm in my second year with HSB and working as the ANII at Wolf Creek.  The money's okay and the benefits are outstanding.

soxfan

Re: Authorized Nuclear Inspectors
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2010, 04:56 »
Thanks for the info!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?