Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Prepping for NRRPT in need of practice problems and solutions!!!! honeypot

Author Topic: Prepping for NRRPT in need of practice problems and solutions!!!!  (Read 8132 times)

Irradiated1

I have been prepping for the NRRPT the last few months and have been over mounds of material but I need additional practice in problem solving questions. I am in the need of anyone's old NRRPT prep course materials mainly problem solving. Anything anyone could send me with problems and solutions would be HUGELY appreciated!

If you have something to contribute please send it to cvande2@emory.edu

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Content1

speaking of preping for the NRRPT, is there at cheaper way to buy books then those listed between $100-$500 per book?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Check with Co-workers who have completed registration you may get a loaner or good used price. Of course Nukeworker has a CD for $104 if you are so inclined.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
speaking of preping for the NRRPT, is there at cheaper way to buy books then those listed between $100-$500 per book?

Did you look on Amazon?
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Content1

Thaat was from Amazon, I could not believe the price.   It is almost like that is the price when the government is paying for it.

klsas

You can purchase a problem solving book from the NRRPT website. The cost is $27 and it covers a wide range of problems including how to set up and solve. It is kind of similar to the Schaum's study guides, but specific to nuclear.

Keith

mostlyharmless

Cember,Cember solutions,Moe,Gollnick, the nrrpt solutions (White) from the nrrpt site,comes with registration,chart of the nuckleheads,appropriate cfr's and that should do it. I have ooold prep questions but they were helpfull. When I get home and get a little sleep I will get some things to you. Dont beat yourself up with prep, especially the math.  MH

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
Some of these may be a little expensive, But I look at as a investment in myself.  I think the CD's helped me the most for my NRRPT and CHP. I just went through all the questions and wrote down the ones I did not know,  Guessing not allowed!!  I then went through again , Had to do this about 10 times to understand them most of them.  The CHP Disc  had a few I did not want to waste my time on.  I then just started going back through them. I passed Both the first time!!   They have explanations that you can follow..  Here is the Nukeworker  link for the disc.  If I had to buy one thing this would be it.  104 dollars is worth it.

http://www.nukeworker.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=62
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2010, 06:53 by thenukeman »

Irradiated1

Huge Props to all those who contributed materials: Over the course of 4 months i read Cember, reviewed MOE, NRRPT Problem Solving book, NRRPT Disk, 10 CFR 19,20,30,34,35, Los Alamos Rad Monitoring Notebook, and a ton of old practice exams from prep courses attended by others. I think i logged in about 65 hrs study time (lol).

I took the exam last Saturday and felt prepared. I was light on some X-ray tube leakage value questions I had to SWAG at. Wish me luck.  :)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Huge Props to all those who contributed materials: Over the course of 4 months i read Cember, reviewed MOE, NRRPT Problem Solving book, NRRPT Disk, 10 CFR 19,20,30,34,35, Los Alamos Rad Monitoring Notebook, and a ton of old practice exams from prep courses attended by others. I think i logged in about 65 hrs study time (lol).

I took the exam last Saturday and felt prepared. I was light on some X-ray tube leakage value questions I had to SWAG at. Wish me luck.  :)

Good luck. As I remember it, there was a significant time lag between taking the test and getting the results. Your best bet is to probably forget all about it for a while to keep the anticipation under control.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

mostlyharmless

Good advice. I thought I had failed. I also was week on the x-ray stuff,but I was a bit doown for a long time until the letter came.  Good luck. MH

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?