Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Chances of Nuclear Job

Author Topic: Chances of Nuclear Job  (Read 4011 times)

llsdjv

Chances of Nuclear Job
« on: Feb 05, 2010, 09:19 »
I was just wondering if someone could give me some insight on my potential chances to land a nuclear job?  I have recently applied to several jobs and I know it takes awhile. It seems like there are a few jobs out there but many nukes and other people applying for the jobs.  My wife is finally finishing up school in Charleston so we will be moving soon and I would like to get back into nuclear power.  I would love to work for Duke, SCE&G, Progress Energy or any others in the South, but my options are open.  If anyone has any contacts for these and other companies that would be much appreciated.  Below is a brief summary of my experience.

I am a former Navy Nuke ET (6years).  I got out of the Navy almost 3 years ago.  Since than, I have completed my Bachelors from Thomas Edison in both Nuclear and Electronics Engineering Technology.  I also have my Associates in Science from Trident Technical College.  I currently work as Staff Analyst with an Engineering company in Charleston.  I work mainly on the design and implementation of multi-million dollar Air Force communication assets in Qatar, Iraq, and Afghanistan.  My job duties entail creating design drawings, reviewing design drawings, integrating equipment into the facilities, Interfacing with Air Force officials, and physically traveling overseas to install the facilities/equipment.  I have also received some instructor certifications in fiber optics and tower climbing and rescue. 

I owe anyone a really big thanks if you can help me out.

Content1

Re: Chances of Nuclear Job
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2010, 09:53 »
ex navy with a degree?  You will have no problems except as all in this economy.   Where do you start?   Start by contact each system, one by one with your resume and find the contact person.  If things are slow contact bartlett for temporary work.  Your chances are high with the background and experience you describe.
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2010, 10:34 by Nuclear NASCAR »

Offline Contract SRO

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2010, 03:55 »
If your interested I can give you some information on Southern Nuclear, Duke and SCE&G.  Feel free to contact me with a private message and I will give you some contact information.

Offline trollarc

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2010, 01:29 »
Look for jobs at INL at ATR as a RO. I heard that they are hiring there. I bet you can get that job. I am going to wait at least a little while before applying there as I just started this job 4 months ago and I don't think Ill earn very much more there than here (ie my current job feels something like a paid vacation and I would prefer not going back to "real work" for a while).

nrlien

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2010, 07:24 »
You should be money for finding a position, and can probably get hired on for just about anything (SRO, maybe...).

Good luck!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?