Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Braidwood Equipment Operators honeypot

Author Topic: Braidwood Equipment Operators  (Read 4429 times)

Offline tyschneid

• Very Lite User
Braidwood Equipment Operators
« on: Feb 09, 2010, 03:11 »
I recently passed the POSS and the Basic Math and Science test and then had an interview at Braidwood for the 12 openings they currently have for Equipment Operators.  The training class was supposed to start no later than March 8.  To this point I haven't heard anything back and was wondering if anybody knows if selections have been made to fill these positions or if the jury is still out.  To this point Exelon has been the only company willing to interview me coming out of the Navy.  I have had a nearly impossible task of finding a job when being told I'm 'over-qualified' by nearly every company in the area.  What a nightmare!
The only easy day was yesterday

JustinHEMI05

Re: Braidwood Equipment Operators
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2010, 04:24 »
Have you tried calling them?

Offline tyschneid

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2010, 04:27 »
The only contact number I have is for the recruiter who initially contacted me.  I have left a few messages and a few emails and have yet to hear anything back.  I was told the week before last that last week was the last week of interviews and I would hear something by the end of last week or early this week.  I'm aware that it is still early this week but I'm quite anxious to hear back or continue this nightmare of a job search.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2010, 05:26 »
Sometimes the recruiters travel and are difficult to get in touch with. I guess at this point you just gotta wait. My experience is that they are never on time with the date they give you, especially Exelon.

Good luck!

Offline tyschneid

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2010, 05:46 »
I must say that is somewhat comforting.  I am very eager to join the industry and am hoping this is going to be the door that I can get through.  I am just having a tough time sitting and waiting to hear back from them.  Thanks

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2010, 07:59 »
Yeah I understand. Hopefully you hear soon!

dboy

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2010, 04:21 »
I just saw your post, and I am sorry to tell you that the class has already been established and 13 of us were hired out of over 600 applicants. Don't give up. It is very competetive for these jobs right now, and a lot of qualified people are all looking. It doesn't mean you are not good enough- just that they saw something extra in those of us that got the jobs- their words-not mine.  I am still receiving job leads daily, email me and I will send you some ideas if you want

ka9nyn

« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2010, 06:52 »
As an EO who retired (9/18/09) from Exelon Byron Station after 25 years, this may be a blessing in disguise.
While Braidwood seems to treat their people better, Byron was becoming very difficult to tolerate.

The pay, working conditions and benefits are top notch, but the politics and other games the
managers play makes life 'interesting'.

I have 3 exNavy nukes working w/ me now for the US Army Corps of Engineers at a hydro station
in South Dakota. Working conditions, pay and benefits are equal (pay actually higher) and
much lower key.

WWW.USAJOBS.GOV is a good resource.

Best of luck to you.

Dave
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:28 by ka9nyn »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?