Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Roberta Crosby
honeypot

Author Topic: Roberta Crosby  (Read 8606 times)

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Roberta Crosby
« on: Feb 10, 2010, 04:34 »

Roberta Crosby

North Apollo

Roberta "Beeb" (Held) Crosby , 65, passed away from this life Friday, Feb. 5, 2010, after a brief and sudden illness. Born Jan. 1, 1945, she held the distinction of being the first baby born in the Alle-Kiski Valley for that year. Her parents, Robert B. and Dollie A. (Shriver) Held, provided Beeb with a caring and nurturing childhood that carried throughout her lifetime. Her roots ran deep. She was born and raised in North Apollo and continued to live there most of her adult life. At times it seemed she knew everyone in town. Beeb was a lifelong member of the First Evangelical Lutheran Church in Apollo. She graduated in 1962 from the Apollo Area Joint High School . She majored in the Commercial Business course and played in the Tiger Marching Band. She was married in the Pleasant View Brethren Church , Sept. 14, 1963, to her high school sweetheart, Eli Crosby Jr. Together they had a son, Eli III, who was born May 7, 1965. The day "Duke" was born was the most joyous day of their young lives. To describe Beeb's life in a sentence or two is nearly impossible. In short however, she enjoyed gardening, puzzles of all kinds, playing online computer games and she was talented in many different arts and crafts. She worked briefly at the old Sports Connection in North Apollo and for Bartlett Nuclear Inc. at the Beaver Valley Nuclear Power Plant in Shippingport , Pa. For the past several years, Beeb was a short order cook at the Yakkitty Yak Diner and loved working in that environment. She was a loving daughter and care giver to her aging and ailing parents. Rather then shuffling them off to a personal care home, she helped ensure they could live out their final years in the comfort of their own home. Most of all, Beeb was the loving wife and best friend to her husband, Eli. Throughout their marriage Beeb made their house a home and their home a place of refuge and forgiving love to Eli. She gave a lot more than the amount required to make their marriage of nearly 47 years a success. She passed along her caring and sensitive nature to her only child just as her parents did to her. So in that respect, her legacy lives on. She was preceded in death by her parents and grandparents. She will be profoundly missed by her grateful and humbled husband, Eli; her beloved, son Eli III and his wife, Jana (Wyzevich), of Baden . Her beautiful and precious grandsons, Robert Anthony and Nicholas Eli, will forever be influenced by their cherished "Bebe". She will also be sadly missed by her sisters and best friends, Shirley (Edward) Dezich, of Hollidaysburg, and Vicki Held, of North Apollo. For those who knew Beeb, her passing will leave a void in their hearts. She just had a way of touching your soul. We love you Beeb. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday and from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in the CURRAN-SHAFFER FUNERAL HOME & CREMATORY INC., 100 Owens View Ave. , Apollo. Funeral services will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in the funeral home with the Rev. Keith Deckinger presiding. Burial will be private.

A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Roberta Crosby
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2010, 07:44 »
Eli, I haven't seen you in a long time, but I will always remember the 'beginning.' I am so sorry for your loss. May God grant you peace in your sorrow.

Roger
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2010, 11:00 »
Eli...iam very sorry for your loss.
Lee

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2010, 11:07 »
Eli, very sorry for your loss. Mike McFarlin
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2010, 12:06 »
Little E sorry to hear about your loss, please give Big E a hug.

Penny (Walters) Raynor

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2010, 12:30 »
Eli & little E
Sorry for your loss.  May you find the strength and faith to get you through the memories and the sadness.

Finni
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline 5kip6

• Light User
  • All's great!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2010, 01:11 »
I  Worked with Big E and Little E at First Energy  for years.  Eli talked about his wife alot you could see the love he had for her.    So sorry for your loss,  May she rest in peace!

Deb Carlin

vinman

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2010, 11:12 »
Eli
Its been awhile since we talked.  I am sorry for you  loss.  I worked for your father in 2001 at Beaver Valley and he made me feel at home.  You are blessed.  Know that your Mother will be looking down at you.  You are in ours prayers. 

Vinnie Samuels

rjc4243

« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:37 »
Eli, it has been a very long time since I last saw you.  Sorry for the loss of your loved one.  God will take good care of her.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2010, 10:17 »
Eli, while do not know you or your family, I feel your loss as it is clear by your post your wife was very loving and loved... may you find comfort in your loving memories and family.

Camella

DesertRad

« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2010, 04:55 »
Eli and Little E,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family in your time of sorrow.

Its been a long long time since I've talked to either of you but you are my friends.

Albert Einstein~
Our death is not an end if we can live on in our children and the younger generation. For they are us, our bodies are only wilted leaves on the tree of life.

With great respect   

Nate Bridges

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?