Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Realistic chances of getting into NUPOC program? honeypot

Author Topic: Realistic chances of getting into NUPOC program?  (Read 3967 times)

nukenoob32

Realistic chances of getting into NUPOC program?
« on: Apr 06, 2010, 08:46 »
I have found a lot of great information about the NUPOC program on this forum, but I still have some questions about my chances of getting in.  I am currently in my third (out of 5) year in an electrical engineering program at Marquette University.  I currently have a 3.94 GPA and am in fairly decent shape.  I have briefly considered joining the Navy after college for several years now, but honestly do not know much about the programs that are offered. 

After looking at the NUPOC program it seems like a great program.  I glanced at the study guide for the interview and at first looked it looked like there were some pretty difficult questions on there.  Is it a bad sign that I find some of the questions to be really difficult? 

Also, does anyone have any advice about starting the application process?  For those who have gone through it already how long does it generally take?

Samabby

Re: Realistic chances of getting into NUPOC program?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2010, 11:02 »
"   I glanced at the study guide for the interview and at first looked it looked like there were some pretty difficult questions on there. "

Is this an indication of the level of your interest?  8)

nukenoob32

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2010, 07:28 »
I'm sorry if it seemed as if I have little to no interest in this program.  I actually just found out about it a couple days ago and have been starting to do a fair amount of research on it.  The more that I look into it, the more interested that I become.  I'm starting to get pretty excited about the opportunity.  I just haven't had a chance to sit down and go through the study guide thoroughly.  As I have a little more time and get a little further in the application process I will definitely start going through the study guide in great depth. 

Also, I remembered another question that I forgot to ask in my original post.  I read from another post that in order to have a serious shot you need at least a 3.5 from a good school.  My question is what is considered a good school?  I go to Marquette and even though we don't have a top-tier program like MIT or Cal Tech, I still feel that we have a good Engineering program.  Does anyone know how good my chances will be as a Marquette student?   

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2010, 08:21 »
I'm sorry if it seemed as if I have little to no interest in this program.  I actually just found out about it a couple days ago and have been starting to do a fair amount of research on it.  The more that I look into it, the more interested that I become.  I'm starting to get pretty excited about the opportunity.  I just haven't had a chance to sit down and go through the study guide thoroughly.  As I have a little more time and get a little further in the application process I will definitely start going through the study guide in great depth. 

Also, I remembered another question that I forgot to ask in my original post.  I read from another post that in order to have a serious shot you need at least a 3.5 from a good school.  My question is what is considered a good school?  I go to Marquette and even though we don't have a top-tier program like MIT or Cal Tech, I still feel that we have a good Engineering program.  Does anyone know how good my chances will be as a Marquette student?   

You are a good candidate.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?