Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Letter from a nuke, 1967 honeypot

Author Topic: Letter from a nuke, 1967  (Read 4467 times)

Offline DLGN25

• Moderate User
Letter from a nuke, 1967
« on: Apr 20, 2010, 10:18 »
While going through some of my stuff from long ago, I came across this letter from Willie,

Surely oak and three-fold brass surrounded his heart who first trusted a frail vessel to a merciless ocean.  Horace

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Letter from a nuke, 1967
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2010, 11:21 »
   Interesting read but I like your signature line better. A few of our retired members in our SubVets chapter are members of local Yacht clubs and one lives 365 days a year on his house boat (yes even through the winter here in Tennessee). The older you get the more nostalgic you get, I know it has been so for me.

Offline DLGN25

• Moderate User
Re: Letter from a nuke, 1967
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2010, 07:45 »
Nostalgia, yes.

But the reason I posted the letter is Willie was complaining about 3 section in port duty and the push through qualifications to get operators all the while the trainees recognizing the level of knowledge required was significantly less the prototype.  I have read several comments from today's nukes about this concern.  Here is evidence it was happening a long time ago.

That quotation from Horace was on a plaque a long ago girl friend gave me (she'll be 60 in Nov.).  I liked it then and still do.
Surely oak and three-fold brass surrounded his heart who first trusted a frail vessel to a merciless ocean.  Horace

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?