Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Post-Navy nuclear job opportunity viability declining?

Author Topic: Post-Navy nuclear job opportunity viability declining?  (Read 4927 times)

BaeKay

hey

i'ma looking ter get into nuclear power, prolly by going into the navy, but i read in some jernal that nuclear operators' salaries are declining cuz the industry has found them to be (1) unreliable, (2) poorly mannered, and (3) generally stupid when it doesn't come to doing exactly what they are instructed to do. i relly don't want to be some monkey that people can just fire for nothin, and since this respectable jernal stated that there is a consistent pattern of decline for careers which receive significant candidate pools from the military, especially the Navy, idk if i want to go into the navy.

does anyone know if nuclear operators' salaries will actually plummet?

edited to remove profanity
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2010, 08:09 by Gamecock »

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
Re: Post-Navy nuclear job opportunity viability declining?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2010, 09:17 »
There's only one SloGlo.  You ain't him.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

BaeKay

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2010, 09:22 »
There's only one SloGlo.  You ain't him.

I'm sure this is very amusing for all the forum members who are familiar with the 'insider's joke', but strangely enough I was hoping for a sincere answer.

BaeKay

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2010, 09:23 »

You should PM Broadzilla with your question; he will have some good insight for you.

I've read some of Mike's posts. Are you trying to insult me?
He is head of the janitorial division for a plant, right? He is always suggesting people should come work for him as janitors...
I think that I would be a little overqualified to work for him, wouldn't you say?

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2010, 09:43 »
I'm locking this topic before things get out of hand......
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?