Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Wanting to get an SRO position at FPL

Author Topic: Wanting to get an SRO position at FPL  (Read 4402 times)

EJC

Wanting to get an SRO position at FPL
« on: Apr 27, 2010, 06:43 »
I'm a former submarine officer currently in the interviewing process with TVA for an SRO position but am really interested in FPL (south Florida is appealing).  Anyone have any good connections to get my resume seen besides posting it on their website and waiting?
Thanks

Offline Benwah033

• Light User
Re: Wanting to get an SRO position at FPL
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2010, 10:07 »
Agreed.

I spent a few outages at Turkey Point, and I'm pretty sure it's the worst place I have ever been... And my nuke resume includes stints at several plants in the middle of nothing but corn in Illinois, one in a Dry County in Arkansas, one in the former Yugoslavia, and one in East Bum South Korea... I'd gladly go back to any of those before TP.

From what I've heard it should be really easy to go to TP because they can't seem to keep any operators for long.  Not sure why, but I would recommend asking around before you throw your name in that hat...

Just my 2 cents though...

cbguy

Re: Wanting to get an SRO position at FPL
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 12:31 »
I'm a former submarine officer currently in the interviewing process with TVA for an SRO position but am really interested in FPL (south Florida is appealing).  Anyone have any good connections to get my resume seen besides posting it on their website and waiting?
Thanks

St Lucie will be harder to get into.  Turkey Point has a harder time getting and keeping SRO's or anyone for that matter.

Generally a place is what you make it.  I've been to both sites and wouldn't have a problem going back to ether.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?