Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu A school for subs in Groton?

Author Topic: A school for subs in Groton?  (Read 3414 times)

Offline maroon33

• Very Lite User
A school for subs in Groton?
« on: May 03, 2010, 07:40 »
Hello to all. This is my first post although i have been a steady follower for months now. Without boring everyone with too much of my story I just want to say that I'm in DEP now having signed a nuke contract and am slated to leave in Sept. Also, the input of the nuclear community and the information on this site was unbelievably valuable to my decision and I want to thank all active and former nukes who took the time to be so helpful and informative.

Anyway, I recently checked out navy.com's updated site and came across a sentence stating that A school for submarine fields is in Groton, CT? 
http://www.navy.com/navy/careers/nuclear-energy/nuclear-operations.html
(Under the training and advancement section)

I was under the impression that all nuclear training until prototype was done in Charleston and was hoping someone could weigh in on this. For reference, not a problem; just found it interesting since they supposedly moved training from there in the '60s.

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
Re: A school for subs in Groton?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 08:04 »
Sub school (not required for nukes) is in Groton, CT.  A school/Power school for nukes is in Charleston, SC.  Prototype (hands on training) is in Charleston and Ballston Spa, NY.
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Offline crusemm

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 08:17 »
All other (non-nuclear) rates must attend Sub School prior to coming to the boat.  This includes conventional and weapons MM's, ST, FT, conventional (Nav or Comms) ET, YN, LS, and I think CS.  Anyways, all of the coner rates. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Authentic truth is never simple and that any version of truth handed down from on high---whether by presidents, prime ministers, or archbishops---is inherently suspect.-Andrew Bacevich

Offline maroon33

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 12:18 »
Thanks for the information!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?