Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Job Seeking-Am I even looking in the right place? honeypot

Author Topic: Job Seeking-Am I even looking in the right place?  (Read 4895 times)

NavyNuke10

Hi there everyone,

I am new to NukeWorker, so please forgive me if I didn't post this in the proper place and redirect me.

For a little background information, I am currently searching for a job as an Auxiliary Reactor Operator.  I am particularly interested in the Cook Power Plant in Bridgman, Michigan; the company that owns it is AEP.  I have been searching the careers page of AEP's website daily for months, to no avail.  I am curious whether I am searching in the correct location; very few jobs have been posted for the entire company since the time I began my hunt.  I have considered emailing an HR representative for an inquiry, however I am having some difficulty finding a contact for this.  If there is any information you could give me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your time!

JustinHEMI05

Re: Job Seeking-Am I even looking in the right place?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 12:16 »
You are going to have to be patient when searching for operator positions. Plants hire in cycles, and there is often a year or more between classes. You have to hit them at the right time. So keep checking, but also consider expanding your search. You may have to find a position somewhere else to at least get your foot in the door. Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Justin

PS Perhaps post the link to the site you are looking at, so we can confirm it is the right place.

NavyNuke10

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 01:05 »
Thank you for your response.  This is the link to the site I check.  I am searching through other companies as well; my search is expanded as far as the Midwest region.  I want to make sure I'm not missing out on any opportunities with this particular company!  I'm concerned because I have only seen a handful of jobs posted with this entire company, any position, within the past few months.

http://www.aep.com/careers/jobsearch/findjob.aspx

Do you know long is typical for searching for this position?  I am concerned because I recently got out of the Navy; I do not want a long lapse in my employment history to create an obstacle in my career path.

Thanks again.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 05:48 »
While I don't know if this the case at D.C. Cook, some plants are still feeling pressure from the economy and have slowed or even frozen their hiring.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Motown homey

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 07:27 »
Palisades is just up the road. Try www.entergy.com  Go to Careers on the top right of the page.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:30 by Motown homey »

Willy

NavyNuke10

« Reply #6 on: Jun 03, 2010, 10:38 »
Thank you everyone!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?