Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Why Is It?

Author Topic: Why Is It?  (Read 3665 times)

cbguy

Why Is It?
« on: Jun 30, 2010, 06:51 »
Why Is It?

I’m been around the industry for 30 some years so I’ve been around the block a couple or three times and I remember that it was always good to be able to ask a question and get an answer.  

I haven’t belonged to this site very long, this time and have started to remember why I lost interest in it the last time I belonged.

Something that I’ve noticed more on this board than on any other that I belong to is that when a newbie ask a question about how to get into the industry, career choices, or training I’ve seen some very crude, rude and stupid answers.  

Maybe it’s just because most of the folks here are RPs or HPs.  But to tell you the truth I’m really ashamed of you folks who have been around the industry for several years.  I see one poster who looks like he’s been around for several years and ever posting from him looks like the babble of some drunk rather than a professional.

If that’s the way you treat people on this site I would hate to think how you treat people in person or act at the plants.

co60slr

Re: Why Is It?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2010, 07:49 »
Why Is It?

I’m been around the industry for 30 some years so I’ve been around the block a couple or three times and I remember that it was always good to be able to ask a question and get an answer. 

I haven’t belonged to this site very long, this time and have started to remember why I lost interest in it the last time I belonged.

Something that I’ve noticed more on this board than on any other that I belong to is that when a newbie ask a question about how to get into the industry, career choices, or training I’ve seen some very crude, rude and stupid answers. 

Maybe it’s just because most of the folks here are RPs or HPs.  But to tell you the truth I’m really ashamed of you folks who have been around the industry for several years.  I see one poster who looks like he’s been around for several years and ever posting from him looks like the babble of some drunk rather than a professional.

If that’s the way you treat people on this site I would hate to think how you treat people in person or act at the plants.
You just stereotyped and labeled hundreds of people into one category.  Was that your intent?  I don't think your post applies to me, but none of us are "Saints" either.

After 30 years in this industry (and I'm not far behind you), I have found you have only but three choices:

1.  Be part of the problem.
2.  Be part of the solution.
3.  Walk away from it all.

You previously walked away from the site with a very valuable 30 years of experience.  Why don't you (and other seasoned/veteran "lurkers") join us that agree 110% with you and be part of the solution?  I'm not sure I need a lecture personally, but we do need help.

While I tend to think that most people are much more friendly when they're talking directly with another human being face-to-face, some people lose their manners and professionalism when they're typing on a keyboard and staring at an electric device.  That problem isn't limited to Nukeworker.com though.  I doubt we're going to fix it all soon, but we shouldn't give up on standards either.  The only debate left is how you raise the standards and publicly demonstrate the pride and professionalism that a "Nukeworker" has without pissing everyone off in the Forum (e.g., deleting/editing posts, etc).

r/Co60

mostlyharmless

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2010, 11:12 »
If you look at this site for more than a judgemental split second you will see many disciplines represented. You will also find a lot of good,well intentioned advice. Like any set of information, you take away a subset you value one way or another. While there are some big egos here and some rough treatment,there are a lot of bright people with a tremendous amount of experience. Take a longer look and come back.
But be prepared to defend you criticism. I realize every one gets the red ass now and then, but try and be constructive instead of complaining and judgemental with an opinion based on little information. Because right now your post reads like the posts you are complaining about.

twinturbo427

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2010, 09:31 »
There is certainly a "tone" from a select few on this site.  As a newbie lurker, I find it brings a bit of realism.  As one poster wrote, and I am not quoting, but if you can't take a few barbs on here, how the heck are you going to make it out there?   The really good stuff comes from the members with experience who care enough and take the time to say to look it up but also give a nudge in the right direction.

Respect and knowledge are earned, never given.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?