Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Advancement and exams honeypot

Author Topic: Advancement and exams  (Read 3977 times)

Caesar49BC

Advancement and exams
« on: Jul 03, 2010, 06:24 »
I'm new to this (my first outages are this fall). I was wondering if anybody had any advice on the best way to advance. I am starting at the bottom in Decon.

1. What trainings or tests should I be looking to get?
2. What is the time line as far as advancement and pay if you work hard and keep on top of the
    exams?
3. What kind of work if any is out there for me in the off season?

* I removed the last part of my post. I was just sharing a funny story I had. I don't want it to become the center point of this post in the future. Epic fail on my part to be funny lol.
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2010, 06:59 by Caesar49BC »

Jr8black3

Re: Advancement and exams
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2010, 07:25 »
Tell your girl friend not to worry, if your loyal to her,, the women in this business are there for the same reason you are to learn and make money and do their job. Leave everything at a co-worker situation.

As far as test and training as a deconner thats tough for me to answer, as all sites are different, so not knowing the site your going to I can't answer that question.

Sounds like you will do fine no matter where you go, just always be ready for a suprise. I know if you where heading to Fermi as a deconner you would get trained on alot of stuff and get alot of OJT's, and probably get a chance at taking the NUE exam, there is a good bunch of folks up there..

Caesar49BC

« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2010, 10:48 »
Sorry I probably should have left out the last part of my post. I have just about read 80% of the forum and there were some funny quips about local bar girls and one in particular was "don't sleep with deconners" I just find the stories funny is all. 

Thanks for the info. Are there any exams or tests that I should study up on before my first outage? I have some trainings beforehand, but I like to have a leg up on things.

mostlyharmless

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2010, 07:43 »
Get trained ,and documented, on everything you can. Take classes if you have time. Get meter time if the plant allows.
In short, pay attention. If you stay on it the opportunities will be there. Do a good job,your reputation will travel with you.
Don't obsess over tests,you should have 6 months to a year,more or less depending on how things go, before you start taking tests. Don't wait, only you know how much you need to study. A good start is here at nukeworker. Look at the material here as a guide to what you need to learn. The pay will vary.
Its difficult to maintain a relationship on the road. You can if you really want to but you have to be disciplined,if you know what I mean.

Caesar49BC

« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2010, 09:58 »
Thanks for the info. I was a little worried about the exams and stuff, but it's good to know I have some time before I have to worry about them. I took a look at some of the study material here and it's great. This site really gives a lot of info and I'll be a gold member as soon as I can.

I was wondering what all of the 3.1 and 18.1 numbers mean when I read about Jr. and Sr.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?