Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What are my chances of getting in??  

Author Topic: What are my chances of getting in??  (Read 2580 times)

mm169305

What are my chances of getting in??
« on: Jul 13, 2010, 01:04 »
Just finished the application process and I'm wondering what my chances of getting in are.

Currently going to be a senior at Ohio University majoring in chemical engineering.  My GPA is 3.51. ASVAB - 96.  I received an A in every calculus class I took and a B+ in both calculus based physics I & II.  I had a terrible quarter after returning from my co-op: Physics III - C+, Organic Chemistry II - C, Material Science - C+, Biology - B-.  These are the only grades I've every received lower than a B and they all came in my spring quarter.  No real excuse other than my own immaturity.  I had been co-oping for a year a DuPont and really wasn't ready for classes again, on top of that my older brother was graduating after that quarter and I spent a little to much time going out with him than I should have.  I've had a lot of great work experience:  co-op at DuPont, and two separate undergraduate research assistant jobs for professors.

I'm 6 foot tall and currently weigh 175 pounds.  I played soccer all through high school and tore my ACL in my final year.  I had surgery to repair it and I can currently run 3-4 miles easily.  I love to work out and have no doubt about me being physically illegible.

For the past six months I have been working as a bartender at college bar.  Should I be worried about this making me look bad in any way?

I was scheduled to return to DuPont last summer but when the economic downturn hit they had to cut the co-op program.  I found out two weeks before I was supposed to return and because of that I had to take out a loan to pay my rent and living expenses.  I ended up raking up 3,000 dollars in debt.

My supervisor at DuPont wrote me a letter of recommendation and so did one of my professors I did research for.  My final letter came from my uncle who retired from the navy after 25 years as an O-6.

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
Re: What are my chances of getting in??
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2010, 06:47 »
62%. Guaranteed.

gim73

Re: What are my chances of getting in??
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2010, 08:24 »
Well, I could chime in here and warn you how much less money you will make by joining... but I think I'll bite.

You should have no problem getting in as an officer in the nuclear navy.  So long as you don't have a criminal record and have stayed off drugs they will welcome you with open arms.  I recommend that you volunteer subs for the full experience.  You will make less money while you're in the service, but once you get out a whole new market will be open to you and you will ultimately make more.  Plus it's the best damn service in the entire world, so you'll have a blast.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?