Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Trying to get in nuke program in navy for mm or em honeypot

Author Topic: Trying to get in nuke program in navy for mm or em  (Read 3984 times)

jusgreathouse

I'm trying to get into the naval nuke program for mm. According to my recruiter my asvab scores are more than high enough to qualify me for the position but he says my chances are extremely slim do to a few factors. 1) debt- I have a medium sized amount of debt. Somewhere around 2500.00, with about 1000.00 of that in collections. If need be, I can probably get a loan from my grandparents to cover the debt though. 2) I slacked off in high school. I took all the hard classes, physics, calculus, honors english, but I didn't take school seriously and had a gpa around 2.0. This was a few years ago and have since gotten my act together but this is still what they are going off of. and 3) When I was 12, I was at the mall with someone who shoplifted and I went down as a theft accomplice. This was later sealed and taken off my record so well that the navy couldn't even find it, but they know about it. My question is, is there anything that I can do, waivers or anything or is it a lost cause and I should just start looking for another option.

MacGyver

Re: Trying to get in nuke program in navy for mm or em
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2010, 01:10 »
I'm trying to get into the naval nuke program for mm. According to my recruiter my asvab scores are more than high enough to qualify me for the position but he says my chances are extremely slim do to a few factors. 1) debt- I have a medium sized amount of debt. Somewhere around 2500.00, with about 1000.00 of that in collections. If need be, I can probably get a loan from my grandparents to cover the debt though. 2) I slacked off in high school. I took all the hard classes, physics, calculus, honors english, but I didn't take school seriously and had a gpa around 2.0. This was a few years ago and have since gotten my act together but this is still what they are going off of. and 3) When I was 12, I was at the mall with someone who shoplifted and I went down as a theft accomplice. This was later sealed and taken off my record so well that the navy couldn't even find it, but they know about it. My question is, is there anything that I can do, waivers or anything or is it a lost cause and I should just start looking for another option.

I am surprised that a MODERATOR hasn't moved this to the correct area for MORE BETTER results.
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2010, 01:14 by MacGyver »

co60slr

« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2010, 02:03 »
I am surprised that a MODERATOR hasn't moved this to the correct area for MORE BETTER results.
If you read "unread posts" then it doesn't matter what subforum the discussion board the question is posted to...everyone will see it.  As such, it appears to have been read by 80+ people.  Additionally, these boards are filled with very specific questions, which frankly only a recruiter can answer.   "Can I get into the Navy?"  I don't know...what did the recruiter tell the OP?   "slim?"  So what, he should go apply and see what happens.

His biggest issue (in my opinion) is that he got a 2.0 GPA in high school but "has since got his act together".  How?  Show the recruiter a 4.0 college GPA from a local community college.   Otherwise, it's just baseless words.   

Meanwhile, the OP hasn't offered any more information other than a story that sounds similar to half the enlisted nuclear Navy.  And since this board is also filled with stories that suggest particular recruiters don't know what they're talking about (as the story is relayed to us anyway), here's the answer:

Go enlist.   If they don't take you then you don't have your act together yet.

haverty

« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2010, 02:41 »
Man you sound just like me (except the shop lifting). I got in pretty easy, so will you. Just be honest, and fill our your damn waivers honestly. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... before you enlist, talk to your creditor about your bills. Tell them you will set up a payment plan after you join the navy. Thats how I got in the Navy. 

Coming from a 2.5ish gpa highschool, no college, and credit card debt prior to service :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?