Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Need advice please

Author Topic: Need advice please  (Read 3167 times)

Offline hugrNmunr

• Lurker
Need advice please
« on: Aug 12, 2010, 03:06 »
Greetings. So I'm currently in the delayed entry program, I joined March 5, 2010 and was scheduled to ship September 9th, 2010. Unfortunately I found out today that I tore my ACL and will have to undergo surgery. Obviously, I'm going to miss my ship date :(. So now I have a few questions...

Do you think I'll get dropped from the delayed entry all together?
If so, how long will I have to wait to rejoin?

I currently have 50 college credits. I was a philosophy major and have no calculus or technical physics credits. If I do end up getting dropped from DEP, would it be advised to go back to school, change majors, and try to do ROTC (Or possibly go on my own for a few semesters and try to get picked up for NUPOC)?

I'm really bummed about blowing out my knee, especially so close to my ship date... I've had my heart set on this for months and it feels like it's all gone out the window. I know in the big scheme it's just a delay and I want to make the most of the extra time I'll have at home now; and do everything in my power to put myself in a position to achieve as much as possible once I'm ready to leave. Any advice or information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

IPREGEN

Re: Need advice please
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2010, 10:37 »
My friend had a son in a similar situation, but it was a broken collar bone. The recruiter was informed and the enlistment was put on hold until the estimated healing time had passed and a note from a doctor that said he was okay. That was in the spring and he will probably go in September

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?