Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Same story, different newbie. honeypot

Author Topic: Same story, different newbie.  (Read 3126 times)

Myster Danger

Same story, different newbie.
« on: Sep 27, 2010, 11:58 »
To make a long story short, I am trying to get a job.  I worked at Fernald as site QC, OSDF CQA/WAO, and waste shipping QC.  I also have worked as a RSO & environmental/ecological scientist on smaller scale clean up projects.  Post Fernald I took a local job in consulting for personal reasons instead of moving to another DOE site.  I have a B.S. in environmental sciences and botany.  I have also taken  a few graduate courses.

Now that I am trying to get back into the field, I can't seem to find any door to stick my foot into.  After a few interviews, followed by disappointment, I am getting really discouraged and could use some advice.  My dream sites, due to their proximity to my home, are Piketon and Oak Ridge. Can anyone give me any words of wisdom?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline BigMo

• Very Lite User
Re: Same story, different newbie.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2010, 12:59 »
The good jobs in OR are already sucked up, and they are downsizing right now....but Piketon will take off as soon as B&W gets it all sorted out and starts the hiring for the major cleanup at Portsmouth. That should be good at least for 5-6 years no problem.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?