Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu southern operator

Author Topic: southern operator  (Read 4811 times)

dun

southern operator
« on: Sep 30, 2010, 09:13 »
I have been selected to take the POSS MASS at Southern. My question is: How much money does a System Operator In Training make when base salary plus all extra from shift work is considered (holidays, OT, sundays, etc)? At my current plant a new operator would make 75-80k, more in an outage year; about 93k when fully qualified. Also, how much does a fully qualified operator make at Southern. Southern's job posting for System Operator In Training lists 23.50 per hour which seems low compared to my plant. Thanks.

499tarheel

Re: southern operator
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2010, 10:04 »
At Southern Company you'll have the following:

Training/Classroom $25.06/hr.

Fully Qualified NLO $30.10/hr

No Sunday Premium.

Licensed Operators (RO) top out at $35.35/hr.

I think Southern & First Energy are the cellar dwellers.

dun

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2010, 11:18 »
Thanks for the info. That is much lower than at my plant.

Sun Dog

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2010, 11:24 »
Thanks for the info. That is much lower than at my plant.

Please identify your plant and quantify the delta.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2010, 08:00 »
The lower pay might have something to do with a lower cost of living in the south. Just a thought, I don't have any actual info to back it up.

Pman52

« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2010, 01:57 »
The lower pay might have something to do with a lower cost of living in the south. Just a thought, I don't have any actual info to back it up.
In my opinion...I think you hit the nail on the head with that statement.    ;)

499tarheel

« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2010, 04:31 »
The cost of living is much the same as the rest of the south, mid-south, midwest, and texas. Taxes and such are surprisingly higher than you'd think.

Food, cars, insurance, vacations, ect. , all cost the same.
Housing is reasonable, but you can do better for the money in Pa, Oh, Tn, Ky, Sc, Nc, Al, and Tx from what I've seen in Ga. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?