Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Question about getting in honeypot

Author Topic: Question about getting in  (Read 4812 times)

jcrushorange

Question about getting in
« on: Oct 25, 2010, 03:30 »
I am new to this forum.  I am a nuclear medicine technologist (BS) in GA, and was wondering if there were any jobs that I was qualified for in the nuclear power plant industry.  Thanks for any info.

Fermi2

Re: Question about getting in
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2010, 04:01 »
Search Function.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2010, 07:24 »
Search Function.

Look, it isn't even an Ops area - can you just focus on your "God of the Control Room" job and leave folks alone that haven't poked you? Sometimes you can be such a .....
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2010, 07:27 »
I am new to this forum.  I am a nuclear medicine technologist (BS) in GA, and was wondering if there were any jobs that I was qualified for in the nuclear power plant industry.  Thanks for any info.

There have been many Nuke Med techs that have made the transition to Radiation Protection, some to Chemistry. Look over some of the job postings in those areas. You will need to start at entry level unless some of your experience is closely related - rad mat'l control, exposure control, etc. Good luck. After you have looks around a bit, feel free to ask some more specific questions.
Welcome to nukeworker.  :)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

twinturbo427

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2010, 08:33 »
There have been many Nuke Med techs that have made the transition to Radiation Protection, some to Chemistry. Look over some of the job postings in those areas. You will need to start at entry level unless some of your experience is closely related - rad mat'l control, exposure control, etc. Good luck. After you have looks around a bit, feel free to ask some more specific questions.
Welcome to nukeworker.  :)
What Housedad said and that should include taking a moment to properly ascertain the exact daily procedure from Nuclear Medicine Technology field.   Did you do surveys of the pigs and ammo cans?  Did you verify the half life calculations as supplied by the nuclear pharmacy?  What about your experience with thin layer chromatography?  All of those hands-on daily duties have applications in the big leagues of nuclear energy.  No, there is no cut and dried job to step right into, trust me on that one, but if you can read a meter, display a positive can-do attitude, and are willing to stay the course, it will happen for you.

Homework time:  study for the poss/mass tests now, not later.  8)     and learn to use the emoticons, or so I am told... :->

Fermi2

« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2010, 11:52 »
Search Function.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?