Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu I was in love with a nuke.

Author Topic: I was in love with a nuke.  (Read 6300 times)

jay121

I was in love with a nuke.
« on: Oct 26, 2010, 02:09 »
Ok, like the story says; I was in love (or should I say "in lust") with a nuke.  We met at a concert one day several months ago, and well, we had a brief, but intense romance full of wild nights, lots of Cheech and Chong movies, and lots musical creativity.  A surface nuke and an airdale IT;  Pretty, isn't it?

Well, that's not really why I'm posting this, but is the base of why I'm venting in here. I still care about him (the same way I would care for any other shipmate, despite we're not in the same command), and while I was with him, I discovered he has all sorts of mental dissorders (he takes like four different medications), and I think he was also trying stuff that's not really legal for us (unformed services members), like spice and things like that.  I even saw a letter that says "you're in risk of losing your security clearance due to possible mental illness", "you're in the risk of losing your NEC and getting reclassified", and tons of DoN letters with similar messages.

I'm worried about what could happen to him.  I want to help him, but I don't want to sound like I'm a snitcher either.

What can I do?
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2010, 02:59 by jay121 »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: I was in love with a nuke.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2010, 03:25 »
Execute a Williamson turn (good look up for SW quals) and make Flank bell away from the wreckage. He needs professional help, but the longer you stay in close proximity the greater likelihood your career will also take damage!

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2010, 03:59 »
Sounds like trouble. Run!

MacGyver

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2010, 06:00 »
Good advice here from HD and BZ.

You should be concerned for your proximity to the IMPLOSION ... and you being a 'surface airdale' let me explain it in my SS (submarine service) humor ...

Run deep, run fast, run like your life / career depended on it ... because it does.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2010, 06:01 by MacGyver »

jay121

« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2010, 01:47 »
Well, (in response to McGyver) in the aviation world that would be translated to "run like the wind", and even if I don't see him as often as we were together, I still see him around base every now and then, and he looks rather sad.  I don't talk to him that much anymore (he may think I want him back, which is not the case), but still...I guess I should stop all my ties with him.

Anyways, thanks for reading my post and for the pointers. 

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?