Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu non Navy Nuke MM (SRO) honeypot

Author Topic: non Navy Nuke MM (SRO)  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Tigervision

• Light User
non Navy Nuke MM (SRO)
« on: Nov 24, 2010, 05:45 »
Hi all, I'm a non navy nuke(MM) but I worked in a conventional steam plant as the MMOW. I have 8 1/2 yrs experienced in this field. I'm currently attending LSU for Mech Engineering degree with a minor in Nuclear Power. I recently applied for the SRO position @ Entergy in Louisiana. It took some time but I received an email inviting me to take the POSS test for this position. I wanted to know what's the likelihood for me getting this job. I'm currently studying for the test and I hope I do well. I really want this job!!  :)
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2010, 06:43 by Tigervision »

JustinHEMI05

Re: non Navy Nuke MM (SRO)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2010, 06:59 »
Hi all, I'm a non navy nuke(MM) but I worked in a conventional steam plant as the MMOW. I have 8 1/2 yrs experienced in this field. I'm currently attending LSU for Mech Engineering degree with a minor in Nuclear Power. I recently applied for the SRO position @ Entergy in Louisiana. It took some time but I received an email inviting me to take the POSS test for this position. I wanted to know what's the likelihood for me getting this job. I'm currently studying for the test and I hope I do well. I really want this job!!  :)

No one can really answer that. It is all on you. First, you have to pass the POSS test. Then, I am assuming they will have some sort of supervisory screening before or after the interview. How you perform in all of these is on you. So you really should be asking yourself, if you think you are likely to get the job. It is your career, go after it.

If you haven't STAR interviewed before, google STAR interviewing technique. I particularly like MIT's write up on the subject.

You will be competing potentially against Navy nukes getting out and previously licensed SROs, among others.

I am not well versed on the non-nuke requirements for instant SRO, but I am assuming that since they invited you to test, you must meet them.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Offline Tigervision

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2010, 07:16 »
Thanks! I will keep you guys posted!!

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2010, 06:50 »
He doesn't meet the requirements.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?