Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu "Nerdy" Nukes

Author Topic: "Nerdy" Nukes  (Read 79364 times)

Cycoticpenguin

Re: "Nerdy" Nukes
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2011, 01:28 »
24 years later and nothing has changed.  Two SSBNs, One SSN and One Tender (all razor blades by now except the Michigan).  Bubble Heads versus Surface Pukes.  I recall being PO'd when I learned that Skimlant Nukes earned more Pro Pay than I did to make up for the Sub Pay...  drifty nuc's galore.  Either way you look at it, a Sh*t Sandwhich and we all had (and still do) have to take our bite.  Civlant vets though still stick together - Once a bubblehead - always a bubblehead and we still F**K with the Skimmer Vets.

MMC/ss ELT, EWS, yada yada yada

NPS 7706 Orlando

You dont have to deal with it, but primary vs propulsion is also a good separating factor here at work ;) The terms "Shiny Piper" and "dirty piper" are thrown around still haha.

Offline goobs22xx

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2011, 05:24 »
It was just some steps to success so he can enjoy some beer in his fridge.I even connected his issue to the original topic. I might add the words "great life advice" to help future searchers....

I went back and reread it afterwards and actually deleted my post because it was, albeit just slightly, more relevant than at first read.

You snagged the quote button before I could do it though. Hope there's no hard feelings.

But you have to admit, turning a discussion on not being able to drink in the barracks into one on all the reasons why you shouldn't get married was pretty consistent with your observation of his unrelated soap box rant. :D

Offline Styrofoam

• Moderate User
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2011, 06:08 »
Take NUB with a smile - noob isn't as respectful.

Ask google; it never lies.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=definition+nub

I meen - it makes you the CENTER of matters...  
$ yum grouplist FLAMEWAR

Ok, I didn't know there was a difference, so I looked it up. But the definitions I read gave me the opposite viewpoint. Seems to me nub is just somebody who sucks at something and noob is somebody who's new at something.

MacGyver

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2011, 12:14 »
Ok, I didn't know there was a difference, so I looked it up. But the definitions I read gave me the opposite viewpoint. Seems to me nub is just somebody who sucks at something and noob is somebody who's new at something.

Let me clarify.

NUB - New Unqualified Body.  (You haven't even earned that right, yet, to be called a person (("ipso facto" you have NO personal rights as a NUB)).  You are an air breathing, food consuming, waste producing leech until you are qualified.  Once qualified, at something, you are now at least human.  When you are fully qualified you can now be re-labeled a "person" and thusly are a member of the ship's 'useful and qualified' personnel.  And, you guessed it, the only ones that count for any good are those that are not NUB's.)

Noob- Is a newbie or a derogatory term to someone who is not new.  YMWV on this one.

This is my personal take from my own experience's.

Now back to my nap (which you can only take if you are fully qualified).   ;)

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:16 by MacGyver »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2011, 12:41 »
Only "nubs" and "noobs" would even waste electrons debating the etymology and archaelogy of the terms. Notice how the rest of the esteemed board members aren't replying because they are covering production work or standing a watch. Which means y'all, by default, are a bunch of goofing off non-quals. So....GET BACK IN THAT BILGE AND PAINT !!  >:(
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:43 by HydroDave63 »

MacGyver

« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2011, 01:06 »
Only "nubs" and "noobs" would even waste electrons debating the etymology and archaelogy of the terms. Notice how the rest of the esteemed board members aren't replying because they are covering production work or standing a watch. Which means y'all, by default, are a bunch of goofing off non-quals. So....GET BACK IN THAT BILGE AND PAINT !!  >:(

Yeah!!!! Back to Work NUB's!!!!!

"Gonna have to face it you're addicted to NUB"

:P :P :P :P   [whistle] ROFL :stupidme: [quit]

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2011, 01:15 »
Hey, don't you have an in-core thermocouple to study or something? ;)

Offline 730SMAG

• Moderate User
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2011, 02:56 »

And I offer my standard reply to that:  "Working on quals, chief/dude/whatever your nickname is."

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2011, 06:36 »
On my boat I was senior inrate, work center supervisor, QA qualed nub. Not in the civlant sense, I mean I didn't have enough time on the boat to be considered senior for a long time lol.

You weren't allowed to have feelings until qualed charing station, and you weren't a person until RAW qualed.

And I thought the term was" new underway buddy" :P

Ok. So when you get to your boat, youre a "noob nub" :D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:45 by Charlie Murphy »

Offline Marc622

• Light User
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2011, 07:03 »
The females on base, well, I'm not entirely sure what they do with their spare time other than become serial daters collecting "nuke boyfriends" like dots on a pac-man game. 

LMFAO. I Lol'ed so hard just now. Sad part about the matter is that its so true. I feel bad for the guys who have to use this alternative to find a woman. Don't get me wrong, not all the woman are bad (looking/attitudes) but most are. Every now and then you manage to find a successful couple that makes it out of NNPTC still together. All in all though its a never ending cycle; Girl goes to smoke pad -> Fiend virgin males swarm -> Girl chooses one -> 3 weeks elapse -> Girl gets bored, returns to smoke pas and thus it begins again.

Offline Marc622

• Light User
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2011, 08:42 »
Ahh yes, that old tune.....
My favorite were the jump to marriage couples.... It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion, only it had BCG's and acne.

I found it hilarious back  in my A school class. We had a couple get married and my Chief called it perfectly and said " you guys will be divorced and out of the program by Power school."
Needless to say.... it happened.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2011, 01:16 »
Ahh yes, that old tune.....

It always bothered me when you would see the couples together everywhere. Club Mess Decks on the ship when you couldn't sit down to eat your saturday night food without ruining some air dale's dinner date. In NNPTC when they would flock together during breaks and make it feel like high school. My favorite were the jump to marriage couples.... It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion, only it had BCG's and acne.

Hahaha.

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2011, 07:08 »

I found it hilarious back  in my A school class. We had a couple get married and my Chief called it perfectly and said " you guys will be divorced and out of the program by Power school."
Needless to say.... it happened.

Good senior enlisted leadership in action there  ::)
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline 730SMAG

• Moderate User
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2011, 07:52 »
Good senior enlisted leadership in action there  ::)

Well, once they put on their khaki exoskeletons, their spines can be removed...

Offline Marc622

• Light User
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2011, 10:54 »
LOL

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2011, 05:19 »
We had a girl check in to our ship and complained that a certain Chief was on board because he had blocked her from getting married while at NNPTC. We asked her to explain she said her fiancee at the time couldn't get out of study hours or class to get married and he sternly warned against it. She thinks he went out of his way to prevent it. We then asked if they ended up getting married and she said they broke up shortly after and blamed it on the chief.

That Chief was one of the best on the ship and he should have received a NAM for it. [salute]

dont remember this one?  O.o

I spit up my water all over my computer haha :D

LaFeet

« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2011, 12:40 »
You weren't allowed to have feelings until qualed charing station, and you weren't a person until RAW qualed.

What the heck is a charling station??/ I remember qualifying Charging Station watch - heck I was an ET... I even qualified as BCE.....but never charling station

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2011, 01:25 »
What the heck is a charling station??/ I remember qualifying Charging Station watch - heck I was an ET... I even qualified as BCE.....but never charling station

Stupid android phones... lol

MacGyver

« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2011, 11:09 »

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2011, 02:06 »
It was the special spot in the plant that CM got to clean all the time and verify the correct torque on the fasteners there. He liked it until he figured out why the funnels smelled really foul.

Ah derek. You make me miss the navy, oh so much. :)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2011, 08:45 »

Ah derek. You make me miss the navy, oh so much. :)

Or any Navy thread, that causes you to miss Drayer so much  <3 <3 [whistle] [whistle] [whistle] ;)

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2011, 11:21 »
Or any Navy thread, that causes you to miss Drayer so much  <3 <3 [whistle] [whistle] [whistle] ;)

hardy hardy har. Derek was one of my mentors in the navy, and one of the few people that actually took care of me when I needed it, so yeah.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?