Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Looking towards the future. honeypot

Author Topic: Looking towards the future.  (Read 2411 times)

NukeSteve

Looking towards the future.
« on: Dec 16, 2010, 09:44 »
Hello everyone. I am currently in the navy at NPTU Charleston as a staff instructor. I have another 3.5 years left on my contract and I am looking at the light at the end of the tunnel. I am a MM1(SS), qualified EWS(parting gift), QAI, EPA refrigerant, Planner, QA WCS, 9502. I am working on a BS in NET at excelsior because it seemed like the best option at the time. I am pushing for a EWS->EOOW qual path, but EOOW at this point is just hopeful at this point, since I just reported and I do not have much experience as EWS. My goal is to separate in mid 2014 and step into an operator job. Since my window for being able to accomplish anything of great importance prior to separating is rapidly diminishing , I was wondering what can I aim my sights on to give me a leg up on my competition.

Any response is greatly appreciated.

JustinHEMI05

Re: Looking towards the future.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2010, 10:03 »
EWS first. That will qualify you for SRO.

I was an MM1 EOOW at NPTU NY. I let them know I wanted EOOW the day I showed up, and I reminded my LCC and SS everyday thereafter until I got it. I recommend you do the same. Of course, being a kick ass EWS helped too. YMMV

Good luck!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?