Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Offer or no offer honeypot

Author Topic: Offer or no offer  (Read 6156 times)

Offline Tigervision

• Light User
Offer or no offer
« on: Dec 24, 2010, 05:23 »
Ok I had an interview at Entergy riverbend station on 6th Dec. I haven't gotten a letter or email or phone call letting me know if I did or didn't get the offer! Why is it taking so long and is this a bad sign that I didn't get the offer. How long does it usually take for them to get back to me??

MacGyver

Re: Offer or no offer
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2010, 05:31 »

Ok I had an interview at Entergy riverbend station on 6th Dec. I haven't gotten a letter or email or phone call letting me know if I did or didn't get the offer! Why is it taking so long and is this a bad sign that I didn't get the offer. How long does it usually take for them to get back to me??

This could be a bad sign.  I believe that a "Charlie Murphy" interviewed there at about the same time and has received an offer.  Click Here.

Or here if that didn't work:
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,26271.msg134788.html#msg134788

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2010, 05:44 »
Have you called them?

Offline Tigervision

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2010, 06:01 »
I called and emailed the HR. I asked what's the status and if the made all offers. She never emailed me back??

Offline Tigervision

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2010, 06:05 »
I just don't understand why she haven't emailed me back. I can take the fact I didn't get the offer! I'm a man!! Lol

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2010, 06:54 »
Well I didnt get an offer and I had my interview on monday? This blows!!  :(

I just don't understand why she haven't emailed me back. I can take the fact I didn't get the offer! I'm a man!! Lol

Not wanting to pile on here, being Christmas and all, but you have had a fairly certain indication for over two weeks now that the offer ship has already sailed. Wishing wishing wishing really hard isn't going to change that fact. Time to reflect on how the interview went, and glean some info from the others here as time goes on. In all likelihood there were probably 40 to 50 interviewees, and it is rare nowadays for HR departments to devote manhours to find all the contact info again and send 'Dear John' letters as an empty formality.

Offline Tigervision

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2010, 07:23 »
I understand that but she said I will hear from them no matter what. She said they would let me know if I got or didn't get it in two weeks. I'm not wishing and wishing but I would like to know! Who wouldn't!!

Offline Tigervision

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2010, 07:55 »
Lol you guys take this forum too serious! It's a forum not a column in the NY Post!!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2010, 08:01 »
Relax man. I am very sorry your chain is being jerked around by some hr department, but if it is one thing I learned in my time in the commercial world, it is that hr isnt to be trusted. I know that isn't what you want to hear, but it is the truth. The people on this forum arent the ones jerking you around, and I recommend you don't take your frustration out on them. Like someone mentioned, reflect on your interview, as that is where something went wrong.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2010, 08:04 »
Lol you guys take this forum too serious! It's a forum not a column in the NY Post!!

Oh! Sorry, my mistake! Here I went and assumed that when you introduced yourself on Nov. 24th and asked for advice on getting hired, that you wanted us to  to care and to help you out. And it was just for fun! Well jeepers, that's a hoot! Anywho....enjoy your time off! ;)

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2010, 08:08 »
Hey brother, I called Kim and she said they hired everyone they are going to hire already. Not sure why they don't have the common courtesy to send you an email. Id say keep on keeping on, and keep applying to other places. I'm sure you can squeeze in there some time or another.

Offline Tigervision

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2010, 09:04 »
Thanks dude!

tselby

« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2010, 09:20 »
Do not give up yet;

I work for Entergy, the corporate policy is all offers for this yr (2010) needed to be sent out and agreed upon by Dec 17th, if they weren't then no new offers were going to go out til after the new yr on the week of the 3rd.

So hang in there a little longer, and Call the HR ladt back on the week of the 3rd and ask how the status of the hiring process is going, and best of luck to you,,,,, as many have stated before don't give up keep on applying to any place you may want to work............

[clap] [coffee]

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?