Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Sub Spots Filled for NUPOC?  

Author Topic: Sub Spots Filled for NUPOC?  (Read 4129 times)

rocketscientist

Sub Spots Filled for NUPOC?
« on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:11 »
Hi Everyone,

I read in some blog (can't remember which website it was) that they are asking some NUPOC sub applicants to switch to SWO's. Does this mean that NUPOC sub spots are impacted and in short supply?

Happy New Year,

Nick

Offline still_in

• Light User
Re: Sub Spots Filled for NUPOC?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:59 »
I would doubt that's the issue. Part of the reason they are bringing females into the submarine force is to address "manning" issues.  At least that's what I was told by VIP in the sub force when I went to SOBC.  Take it for what's its worth.  Talk to your recruiter if your worried about it. They'll have an accurate answer.

shocker

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2011, 03:29 »
"Talk to your recruiter if your worried about it. They'll have an accurate answer."  Not sure I'd ALWAYS agree with that :-)  That being said I (first-hand) heard recently of a prior-enlisted coming back as an officer.  He wanted Subs and was initially lined up to be a Sub Officer, and got swapped out at the last minute.  Not sure exactly how or what happened, but his story seemed similar to the OP's question.

That being said the manning issues may be on the enlisted side.  There are quite a few more spots to be filled on that end :-)

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2011, 07:30 »
Answers to questions like these change with the phases of the moon. Considering that the application process typically takes, at a minimum, 6 months, the answer today might not be true by the time you're up for your interview.

Worry about things you can control, not the things you can't.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?