Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu After the interview. honeypot

Author Topic: After the interview.  (Read 4685 times)

Offline 2004blackwrx

• Very Lite User
After the interview.
« on: Jan 15, 2011, 02:35 »
I interviewed for an axillary operator in training position about a month ago. At the time I was told offers would not be made till the end of February. This is a long time in between interview and offer. I was thinking of emailing HR just to keep my name fresh in there minds.
First I was wondering if this is a good idea(I do not want to seem annoying). Also I was wondering what should I say in the email.
I was thinking of saying something along the lines of...
Just wanted to see if you were still on pace to make offers in the end of February. I am very excited about the opportunity and hope to get a chance to prove myself an a valuable member of the operations staff. I know operations is takes a lot of hard work and dedication but I am determined to succeed at the position.
Thanks again for this opportunity.

Any opinions on what I should do will be greatly appreciated thanks.

dtucker89

Re: After the interview.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2011, 04:24 »
In my opinion:

Take your career into your own hands. Email the company and find out what's up with your application status.

In my experience:

I interviewed for a similar position, and I emailed the company about a week ago. The response was something along the lines of 'Please be patient, we are sorry for the inconvenience.'

By the way, your email reads so much more nicely than mine did. I also plan to email the company again in two-ish weeks (like you said, to keep me fresh in their minds and let them know that I am very interested in the position). Any opinions on these two NLO hopefuls emailing companies for application status is appreciated.

Daniel

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2011, 06:07 »
Email, call, do something. If the company decided to not hire someone because they were persistent and proactive about their career, it isn't a company I would want to work for anyway.

Good luck.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2011, 06:14 »
There seems to be some disparity with the "older" people here and people trying to get hired now. It took me several months from application to interview to get the job I have now (Im  talking about the actual process, not the "job hunt"). People gave me crap because it took me a few months to get hired, but all the new operators I got hired with said they took a few months to get hired in as well... They just seem to be moving at their own pace.

Id also lightly recommend not saying "Just wanted to...", something more along the lines of "Hello, I am inquiring about..." is a little more professional IMO.

Where are you two trying to get hired at?

chamberd

« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2011, 01:10 »
I would "suggest" writing your Email to a specific person in HR if at all possible.  Less chance of the round file. Nothing wrong with being proactive in trying to gain employment.  After all you want the job right?  Not to say that I would Email every week but there is nothing wrong with a follow up but being a pest..... 

Offline 2004blackwrx

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2011, 02:18 »
I'm trying to get a job at James Fitzpatrick.  I plan on emailing the HR  person who interviewed me. Charlie Murphy thanks for the critique of my planned email. What I wrote isn't exactly what I am going to say, but definitely along those lines. Once again I want to thank everyone for there help.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?