Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Do ET and EM sit in the the same A school class for most of it? honeypot

Author Topic: Do ET and EM sit in the the same A school class for most of it?  (Read 3668 times)

Offline crewjobs_too

• Light User
Background: My son will finish boot camp in one week and had been selected as an ETN candidate, and will arrive at Goose Creek in two weeks.  Looking at the syllabus, the A school MM school is definitely separate, but training for ET & EM overlaps for most of it, then the EM students study motors & generators, and the ET students study instruments & troubleshooting.

Question:  At Goose Creek do ET and EM start out in the same physical A school class, and divide the class towards the end when the subject matter divides?  

Or else do they form separate classes from the very beginning?  In other words wait until there are enough ET's to form an ET class, then wait until there are enough EM's to form a separate EM class?

The reason I ask is two of the other guys in his graduating division at RTC are ET and one is an EM, they fly out the same day I was wondering if they would be classmates in A school at least for most of it.  The Search function gave me a lot of great info about A school but this one I could not find.  Thanks Navy nuke gurus.

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2011, 01:49 by crewjobs_too »
Dad of a 22 year old ETN.

Offline rocco787

• Shenanigans
  • Light User
I went through in 2001 as an EM, and I was in a class of mixed EM's and ET's for the majority of A school, then just as you said we split into different classes later.
So they'll probably all be in the same class.

Offline crewjobs_too

• Light User
Thanks  :)

Offline rocco787

• Shenanigans
  • Light User
From a father stand-point, there may be a couple times your son will call home and sound pretty down and out.  They dont call Power School, the Dark Side for no reason.

Just let him know that it wont last forever.

Good luck to your boy.

Offline crewjobs_too

• Light User
Just to follow up, his classroom in A school consists entirely of ET's.   There are EM's who started the same day and technically the same "class" but they sit in another classroom.

Thanks everyone.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?