Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Catawba-Duke Offer

Author Topic: Catawba-Duke Offer  (Read 13391 times)

Miker1991

Catawba-Duke Offer
« on: Feb 08, 2011, 12:03 »
 ;D  Got my Duke offer last week, how long do they normally take to do the background checks and all the clearance stuff? Do they call you and say everything is OK or is it one of thoses deals where if you don't hear anything, assume you are good to go?

Thanks,

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Catawba-Duke Offer
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2011, 03:14 »
;D  Got my Duke offer last week,

Congrats

Offline tjstoutusn

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2011, 03:19 »
Anyone hear of mcguire offers going out?

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2011, 09:41 »
I received an offer for McGuire mid-January. Good luck to all starting with Duke.

lionhart

« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2011, 08:50 »
I was offered by Oconee in mid Jan. I think oconee hired 15, not sure how many the other two plants hired.

I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to get started!

Offline spentfuel

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2011, 12:46 »
is it one of thoses deals where if you don't hear anything, assume you are good to go?

I think thats closest to correct

sf

Offline tjstoutusn

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2011, 08:43 »
Spoke with the rep for McGuire and she stated that all offers at all plants have been accepted.  Thus ends this year's Duke frenzy.

3stix

« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2011, 08:46 »
Different plant, but it has been a week so far since I went in for in-processing.

Hi, I was wondering what "in-processing" is. I also received an offer for the Catawba plant. I sent in my signed letter and then got an email asking for more background information yesterday. I provided that so does in-processing come next? For those of you that already did that, what is the next step? I appreciate the help. I'm waiting to hear back from HR now.

3stix

« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2011, 07:46 »
Thanks bb. I believe I will be doing that when I get there on 3/14 as I am coming in from out of state.

Miker1991

« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2011, 08:08 »
My start date is 3/14 to. 3stix, do you have an actual physical address of mcguire to put in a gps? I looked on line and could not find anything.

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2011, 09:49 »
The address for the Energy Explorium is 13339 Hagers Ferry Road, Huntersville, NC 28078. The explorium shares the same access road as the plant. Good luck!

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 11, 2011, 12:04 »
My start date is 3/14 to. 3stix, do you have an actual physical address of mcguire to put in a gps? I looked on line and could not find anything.

http://www.nukeworker.com/maps/facility/Catawba1.html
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline spentfuel

• Moderate User
« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2011, 01:04 »
The address for the Energy Explorium is 13339 Hagers Ferry Road, Huntersville, NC 28078. The explorium shares the same access road as the plant. Good luck!

Thats correct but be carefull with the GPS directions cause if you turn on Hagers Ferry road you have messed up  ;)  Its actually the next road past Hagers Ferry if you are coming from the huntersville direction both roads now have stoplights now so perhaps " turn right at the next stoplight past Hagers Ferry rd"  Or if coming from the other direction "turn left at the first stop light past the bridge over the Catawba river"  would help

good luck new Dukies

sf

Offline Incline

• Light User
« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 2011, 07:41 »
It used to be exit 25 off the interstate, take a left from Charlotte or a right from Mooresville, but that was 11 years ago and I am sure I wouldn't recognize the exit now. But thats for McGuire, not Catawba.
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2011, 07:43 by Incline »

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 2011, 10:32 »
I think Miker1991 got this off on a different direction!  He was asking about McGuire, but posted under Catawba.  (Or maybe he is not sure of where he is going?   ;D ;D :P)
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Miker1991

« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2011, 11:44 »
 8) I was hired for Catawba, but the 6 month training is at McGuire. I would assume all the new Catawba hires will be going to McGuire thier first day as indicated in the offer packages.

Offline spentfuel

• Moderate User
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2011, 12:09 »
I am pretty familiar with MNS site so if anyone needs specifics like how to get to the TTC send me a pm and Ill do what I can.

I can get to CNS and ONS but not sure I can get you there  ;D

sf

Offline STGN

• Light User
« Reply #17 on: Feb 19, 2011, 04:48 »
I'm told Oconee would like to hire 6 more if they can get approval from the bean counters in Charlotte.  I'd expect that most of you will see a week or two at your home plant, MNS, CNS, or ONS, before you actually head up to McGuire for BOT.  During "in processing" you'll most likely take care of GET/RWT type stuff which is required to get plant access and a TLD.  This familiarizes new people with what to do during a site assembly for example, how to get in and out of the plant, etc.  Pretty generic stuff.    This time will give you some time to get your Duke ID, get somewhat familiar with the plant, meet a few people, and generally get settled into the area.  Typically for the ONS folks, they rent you an apartment up there and you share with one of the other new hires.

Welcome to all those that are coming to work at Duke. 

az2nv

« Reply #18 on: Sep 18, 2011, 08:13 »
I know I'm posting on a old thread..thought id do that first before starting a new one.

I applied for the next round of Nuc Operator jobs Duke that was posted for the 3 locations that stopped accepting apps on Aug 28th 2011 and it said the positions would not start until Jan - Apr 2012 and was just wondering how long after the job closed did you get a call from them and alittle of the process.  I also heard with Duke its good to know people their and use them as references so i got 5 out of 6 of mine being Duke employees..Hopefully that will make a difference cause ive been wanting to get on with Duke for years.  Any type of heads up would be great..Thanks Brandon

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?