Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke Waiver Wait Time Estimates

Author Topic: Nuke Waiver Wait Time Estimates  (Read 7316 times)

Offline Styrofoam

• Moderate User
Nuke Waiver Wait Time Estimates
« on: Feb 22, 2011, 06:17 »
Anybody know about how long nuke waivers are taking right now? I'm not really worried about mine; I was just wondering, so I thought other people might be wondering as well.

I lied; I'm totally worried, but that's not what this thread is about. :P

My recruiter said the nuke recruiter told her that they were taking about a month. Does anybody have any recent experience with this?
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2011, 01:31 by Styrofoam »

Offline NuclearWaste

• Light User
Re: Nuke Waiver Wait Time Estimates
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2011, 11:21 »
I entered DEP July 8th, 2010 and signed my contract on August 12th 2010.  Just a personal time estimate.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2011, 01:39 »
I entered DEP July 8th, 2010 and signed my contract on August 12th 2010.  Just a personal time estimate.

that has nothing to do with anything op is asking, what so ever dude.

Anyway,

styro -> depends on the waiver... can you be more specific please?

MCWunjo

« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2011, 01:59 »
I don't know about this exact month. The first time I submitted my waivers, they were "lost". The second time, I had already taken my NAPT and it took about a week to get my waivers approved and a nuke contract written up, after I was told it would be two months. This was in September. There might be more applicants, now.

Since your vision waiver was approved, I also don't know what you're waiting on. If you didn't autoqual and need to take the NAPT, have you?

You would think they would tell you no just as soon as they would say yes.

Offline Styrofoam

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2011, 11:41 »
Thanks NuclearWaste and MCWunjo. Guess I'll just have to keep waiting. :)

T0ne

« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2011, 03:01 »
I have a nuke waiver going in next week for a disorderly conduct. Normally a nuke waiver is not required for my citation but since it was a underage drinking reduced to a disorderly conduct it was thought to be a good idea to have it waived incase of any possible future interference from the citation. The recruiter stated it should take a little under a month but my waiver is pretty standard could take more or less time depending on what's being waived and how high up the chain of comand it has to go. But either way goodluck.
Anthony 

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2011, 06:23 »
Again, To reiterate to the OP... different waivers take different amount of time to complete... I had 14 waivers, some took days, some took almost a year....

shocker

« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2011, 02:06 »
The same waiver can take a different amount of time as well.  Depends on how far through the chain of command it has to go through, how much background info is required, and how quickly it gets from one desk to another.  Get used to waiting on paperwork now...

Offline Styrofoam

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:14 »
Update: I submitted my waiver stuff on February 10th and found out today that they were approved. FYI. :)

Except they said they were putting a hold on signing nukes until May.
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2011, 09:15 by Styrofoam »

MacGyver

« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2011, 07:46 »
Update: I submitted my waiver stuff on February 10th and found out today that they were approved. FYI. :)

« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2011, 07:47 by MacGyver »

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2011, 09:45 »

cool man, glad it went swiftly. You will learn that the navy kind of moves at its own pace ;)

You wont ship out for a long time anyway, that just seems to be how they do it.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?