Reference, Questions and Help > Polls

Facebook or NukeWorker?

<< < (7/7)

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: RDTroja on Feb 22, 2011, 07:00 ---That was easy. Never been on Facebook. Don't plan to.

--- End quote ---

Ditto.

My family asked me NOT to get on FB...´cuz they figured - if he already wastes THIS much time on the computer...?!?!?!  ;)

MacGyver:

--- Quote from: Blah Blah Blah on Feb 23, 2011, 10:39 ---Hate to ruffle the feathers... but Facebook allows me to keep in touch with over 100 of my previous co-workers at different outages & some of my DOE friends too. We keep each other apprised of where we're traveling, who we've run into & what jobs have gone well, who's completing what training classes, what companies are staffing, who's paying what, and who's heard what from our different recruiters/industry friends.

Its much easier & faster to just Facebook each other and get straight answers & help from each other. On here, its a crap shoot as to how many snarky replies you might get when you post a question. A few helpful replies, but mostly not. Surprisingly, Facebook seems to be a lot more polite networking option. Shocker.

Also, the outage lists on FB are free... but you're job listings are definitely worth the visit.

--- End quote ---

I hope I'm not the first to make this point but the reason for that is the fact that most if not the great majority of posters HERE are anonymous and that is not true on facebook.  It is also due to the fact that we are not HERE to fluff your skirt (it's just an expression so don't take it personal).

Again, I hope I'm not the first to make this observation to you.

PAULTHEVOL:

--- Quote from: HydroDave63 on Feb 23, 2011, 02:29 ---I think you did that a while back....

--- End quote ---
This still is one of the funniest things I have ever seen....I guess you just gotta know DW.

gogamecocks:

--- Quote from: darkmatter on Feb 22, 2011, 05:34 ---I marked "other". I actually spend more time on "backyard chickens" and gardening sites then facebook or nukeworker. Figure I'll need something tangible for my retirement, the government and Wall Street are dead set to see I'm in the poorhouse with no money for food, utilities, or fuel. I'm hoping to upgrade from that refridgerator box under the overpass for retirement to a converted Cargo Container out in the boonies.

--- End quote ---

Now, stick 4 of those containers together with a hidden courtyard in the middle and you'll really be ready for when the SHTF....lol ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version