Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu RHT vs ELT  

Author Topic: RHT vs ELT  (Read 4725 times)

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
RHT vs ELT
« on: Mar 15, 2011, 01:57 »
Anyone have any idea on the Navy's Health physics side (RHT) of nuke versus the propulsion side (ELT), meaning life after enlistement and work in the field?

How do they compare?
What positions would they be qual'd for?
How do you start with outages or other work in power plants?
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Cycoticpenguin

Re: RHT vs ELT
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2011, 10:51 »
Unless you had a qualified nuclear NEC, your rad health officer billet leaves you more in tune with working for the medical department vs operations. I will go to our health department and ask some questions if you want me to.

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2011, 11:48 »
That would be great if you could. I would owe you one.  ;D
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2011, 12:17 »
That would be great if you could. I would owe you one.  ;D

Yeah, I'll see what my schedule is like tomorrow. If I have a few "study halls" I'll head over there for you.

Any specific questions? Or do you want me to ask how you would "get in the field"?

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2011, 01:05 »
Getting in mostly. I don't want to go in as a jr if I can help it. From what I have read in most of the forums I have all the training and ELT does, only I never stood watch in a reactor compartment. I am the tech now at ASU and want to expand my horizons.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2011, 01:21 »
Getting in mostly. I don't want to go in as a jr if I can help it. From what I have read in most of the forums I have all the training and ELT does, only I never stood watch in a reactor compartment. I am the tech now at ASU and want to expand my horizons.

haha that wouldnt be the case. My plant was going to hire me as a RP tech 1 or C before they snagged me in operations.

Ill send you a pm with some contact information when I get it.

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2011, 02:22 »
Suweet!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?