Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu post-interview jitters honeypot

Author Topic: post-interview jitters  (Read 5523 times)

ARH

post-interview jitters
« on: Mar 24, 2011, 02:21 »
I apologize in advance if it's inappropriate for a spouse to post here.

My husband is a nuke EM, E6, with 10 years in the Navy. He has decided to get out once his enlistment ends in June.

He's put in applications at Southern and SCANA. SCANA called him in to take the POSS test. He passed and they called him back in for an interview.

His interview was today. It started at 9am and lasted until 2pm. He said they did a 1:1 interview (well, 3:1). Then they brought together the group of interviewees to see a powerpoint presentation, a discussion with SRO's, a question and answer session, lunch, and then a tour.

He said they told him it would be about 2 weeks before he heard anything.

Neither one of us know what to expect. Someone had told us that it is common to meet with HR to go over your qualifications, but he didn't do that. Is that a bad sign?

If you have any advice I'd appreciate it. My husband is very laid back on this topic but I'm more type A and like to know what to expect.

Thank you so much!

MacGyver

Re: post-interview jitters
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2011, 02:59 »
I apologize in advance if it's inappropriate for a spouse to post here.

My husband is a nuke EM, E6, with 10 years in the Navy. He has decided to get out once his enlistment ends in June.

He's put in applications at Southern and SCANA. SCANA called him in to take the POSS test. He passed and they called him back in for an interview.

His interview was today. It started at 9am and lasted until 2pm. He said they did a 1:1 interview (well, 3:1). Then they brought together the group of interviewees to see a powerpoint presentation, a discussion with SRO's, a question and answer session, lunch, and then a tour.

He said they told him it would be about 2 weeks before he heard anything.

Neither one of us know what to expect. Someone had told us that it is common to meet with HR to go over your qualifications, but he didn't do that. Is that a bad sign?

If you have any advice I'd appreciate it. My husband is very laid back on this topic but I'm more type A and like to know what to expect.

Thank you so much!

He should be fine.  This all sounds normal.  You on the other hand seem "Type A" ..  ;)  :o

Just to be clear.  ALL Instant SRO training programs are tough.  Just a heads up.  So, be careful what you wish for ...  [2cents]

my name is.....

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2011, 03:00 »
I am thinking that if your husband already interviewed with Ops people, SRO's, and had a plant tour, HR is no longer in the picture as far as qualifications go. That would be done prior to an interview.

ARH

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2011, 03:05 »
Thanks for the responses!

I know I won't know exactly what his career will be like as a SRO, but the Navy hasn't exactly been sunshine and roses to us. I'm ok with long hours & time away from our family. That is nothing different than what we're currently experiencing in the Navy.

Besides, this is what the husband wants. He's the one making the sacrifices, spending months out a sea, and not seeing his kid grow up so if he wants to get out and try his hand at something else I'll support him.

(BTW, I'm not complaining about the Navy. I knew what I was in for as a military spouse. The Navy has been great to us in many ways.)

But you may be referring to something else and I'm just clueless. ;)

Yes, I'm type A. I don't think that's a bad thing! Better to be prepared than not.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2011, 03:07 »
Welcome and good luck! Keep us posted.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2011, 11:15 »
Hoping for the best!!!

Waiting is part of the game unfortunately. Until you get a "for sure" job offer, keep on pressin with other plants.

Last -> good job on being proactive, thats great sign. Glad your husband is out, the life in civ-land is so much better.  Even with the crap SRO's go through, its still gotta be better then hopping around the ocean for a few months every few months :(

good luck!!!! have him join the site! lots of great resources here!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?