Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker Menu overseas dose records

Author Topic: overseas dose records  (Read 4965 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 61nomad

overseas dose records
« on: Mar 27, 2011, 01:57 »
Hypothetical question here.  Does dose you receive working overseas count towards your 5 Rem/yr allowed here in the USA?  Is it voluntary or manditory to disclose such info?

Offline namlive

Re: overseas dose records
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2011, 05:31 »
If you look at the total dose of the workers at the plant. Contractors as opposed to plant people have picked up the most dose. My biggest fear of going to Japan is being viewed as a disposable foreigner and being used as a dose spong. Now at my advanced age that is not an issue, but are they going to allow me 25 REM as they do the other workers? Certainly. I would need a years worth of pay for 3 months of work. Personally I will wait until they have unit 3 and 4 SFPs under control, which are still "critical" with heat and hydrogen explosion issues. This may take months. Friday I applied for a passport and picked up Rosetta Stone level 1 Japanese...just in case someone wants to meet my demands. Anyway, that is just my opinion.
No one gets out alive.

Offline 61nomad

Re: overseas dose records
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2011, 07:28 »
Hopefully they get back to their normal 10 Rem/yr limit fairly soon. 

Offline radtech4coin

  • Very Lite User
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Total likes: 0
  • Karma: 4
  • Gender: Male
  • I love!
Re: overseas dose records
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2011, 12:23 »
Don't forget your immunizations. :'(


NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of ™, LLC © 1996-2021 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?