Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu CHP PT II Study and Exam Location in On, CA??

Author Topic: CHP PT II Study and Exam Location in On, CA??  (Read 6719 times)

Offline styles

• Very Lite User
CHP PT II Study and Exam Location in On, CA??
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:14 »
Hi,

I passed ABHP CHP PT I in 2009.

Now I've been accepted for CHP PT II to write June 27th.

I'm having a hell of a time trying to make time after work(40 hr weeks plus OT).

Are there any tips from the pros?

I'm just going thru the old exams and solutions, and some TMS training CHP Pt II exam prep lecture notes.

Anyone in Ontario looking to get together for a study session, let me know. 

I'm thinking about organizing an exam location on site(Bruce Power site).  I may be able to get 2 CHP proctors for the test if you're interested.  Or, if you can find one, I can find one, and we can pick a location in between.

Regards,
Jeff

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
Re: CHP PT II Study and Exam Location in On, CA??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:54 »
Sorry to say but nothing can take place of the book hours.  But.........  You can help yourself by smart applications.  Best advice I got on part 2 was "go for the points"  Each of the 6 required questions worth 50 points.  then you have to answer 4 0f 6 of the optionals each worth 100 points.  If you can nail the optionals then you need less than 100 points from other 6 to pass. 

Go back to old tests and you will find the questions fall into a few broad headings .  For example there will probably be a non ionizing question,  and a environmental release questions.  You don't have to be an expert in those fields to cover the basic knowledges.   

And for me the best money and time I spent was a week at prep class.
I can easily recommend these folks - http://www.moellerinc.com/show-training-course.php?id=31

Good luck. 
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:06 »
A couple of other things will help as well.  

When answering questions organized as much as possible.  Set your problem up , state your knowns as well as your assumptions. Use as much paper as needed.  Think a moment and put your self in the graders shoes .  Make it as easy as possible to follow your argument. I think I turned in over 50 pages of calculation sheets.

Go for partial credit even if you can't answer all of the question parts.  Most of the part 2 questions are multipart.  For example on my test there was a laser question that stumped me but I remembered at least most of the definitions.  So I answered that part.  Remember you are trying to collect enough points to pass.  Even a couple points here and there are helpful.

One last thought.  If you are traveling to get to test site,  consider whether there is bar within walking distance of your motel.  You will need a drink when this test is over  ;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:00 by grantime »

Offline styles

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 11:06 »
Thanks for the support!

I am having a hard time studying but i'm committed now.  Bought a round trip to Cincinnati today and 2 night stay June 26th-28th.

Exam is June 27th 12:30-18:30 UCincinnati.  Anyone wanna come and silently cheer me on?  Cowbells allowed.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 06:21 »
I'll being doing the wave from down here :D

Good luck

Offline styles

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:33 »
Update, I guess the choice of location was worthwhile.  Except, maybe I wouldn't exactly go to Cincinnati if I needed to write Pt II if I had the chance again.  Not much to do there after the exam while waiting for the flight home....except go to the German pub and watch the Reds beat the crap out of my Blue Jays.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?