Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Exelon I&C and Electrical Maint

Author Topic: Exelon I&C and Electrical Maint  (Read 4100 times)

a_robinson2001

Exelon I&C and Electrical Maint
« on: May 05, 2011, 01:34 »
Hello everyone,

Another year and I am still trying to get in the door at the Quad Cities site. Last year I was close to getting in and this year looked very promising. I interviewed for both the I&C and electrical maintenance positions at the Quad Cities site, I never applied for either position the recruiter and hiring manager just remembered me from last year. I received very positive feedback from both interviews, I have been in contact with my recruiter since I 1st interviewed 5 weeks ago and all she has told me is that everything is still working through the process.

I have several connections at the site 2 of which work in HR and nobody will say anything. Also I know 3 other people who applied for the same positions and they have not been contacted either. The start date is June 7th so I would assume that someone would know by now.

So I was wondering if anyone out there has heard anything about these positions, that would help put me nerves at rest. Thanks everyone! :D

Cycoticpenguin

Re: Exelon I&C and Electrical Maint
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 01:11 »
Nothing directly related to your site, but personal experience as well as others make it seem like these places hire SLLLOOWWWWWW. Took me a couple months from application to hire date. Bear with it, but keep your eyes out for other positions. I know it's hard but its necessary. 

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 01:17 »
Hello everyone,

Another year and I am still trying to get in the door at the Quad Cities site. Last year I was close to getting in and this year looked very promising. I interviewed for both the I&C and electrical maintenance positions at the Quad Cities site, I never applied for either position the recruiter and hiring manager just remembered me from last year. I received very positive feedback from both interviews, I have been in contact with my recruiter since I 1st interviewed 5 weeks ago and all she has told me is that everything is still working through the process.

I have several connections at the site 2 of which work in HR and nobody will say anything. Also I know 3 other people who applied for the same positions and they have not been contacted either. The start date is June 7th so I would assume that someone would know by now.

So I was wondering if anyone out there has heard anything about these positions, that would help put me nerves at rest. Thanks everyone! :D

Long long ago, in a post far far away (actually, it is still on the Forum board)

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,27429.0.html

Seeing as how they just spent $9 billion acquiring several plants and a gob of people, there may be pressure from HQ to keep overall body count down fleet-wide and offer transfers.

a_robinson2001

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 05:11 »
Well I did some research and they are saying that the merger with Constellation probably won't be complete until spring of next year. Also it said they probably will not start integrating the 2 companies until that point. I spoke with my uncle who is a daytime SRO and he said that with the outage going strong it is hard to get everyone so sign off on the new hires. Also he said that right before the outage they got a new site vice president which could also hold things up because he will want to evaluate the situation himself. Well thanks for the info, I will continue to be optimistic for the coming weeks.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?