Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Starting at Sequoyah  

Author Topic: Starting at Sequoyah  (Read 10155 times)

Offline NoogaTiger

• Light User
Starting at Sequoyah
« on: May 13, 2011, 08:48 »
Offer extended, Clearance received, Physical done, waiting on a start date. ;)
Met 4 future classmates (if that's what they're called) at the physical, all good guys. ;D
Looking forward to getting started!

flblasted

Re: Starting at Sequoyah
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 12:19 »
Congrats on the job and good luck. 

Keep working hard and stay hungry.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 12:35 »
Congratulations and good luck!
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 01:31 »
Congrats! Not to scare you, but make sure you keep your head in the game and use any and all available resources if you find yourself struggling at all. My plant just fired 3 people from my class last week :(  Good luck!

Offline buckeye99

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 11:57 »
What the hell did they get fired for that early in class?

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 03:13 »
What the hell did they get fired for that early in class?

General attrition. Nothing they did wrong, they busted their butts. Just not every salmon makes it upstream.

Offline a|F

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 03:35 »
General attrition... baloney!  Your company fails to be accountable to it's stakeholders by:

1.  Hiring people that aren't ready for such a program.

2.  Having a training program that isn't up to par.

Most likely a combination of both.

Offline buckeye99

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 07:28 »
Every plant is different, but usually it takes a few months here before that sort of action is taken.

« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2012, 05:56 by buckeye99 »

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 09:32 »
General attrition... baloney!  Your company fails to be accountable to it's stakeholders by:

1.  Hiring people that aren't ready for such a program.

2.  Having a training program that isn't up to par.

Most likely a combination of both.

We have a winner....

We're talking NLO's here right?

I can see not every Salmon making it through an SRO class, but NLO newbs that bust their asses?

I figured you were going to say you had a few guys that couldn't show up on-time or something.

unfortunately not. They were extremely hard working, but just werent the right caliber mentally. :(

1 more is on the brink. They may be letting him go this week.  class of 8 nlo's seems like a waste of time and money for the company, but thats just me.

Offline NoogaTiger

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 10:29 »
Congrats! Not to scare you, but make sure you keep your head in the game and use any and all available resources if you find yourself struggling at all. My plant just fired 3 people from my class last week :(  Good luck!

I appreciate it, I am fully committed to success, and have complete faith in my abilities to do so. ;)

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 10:45 »
I appreciate it, I am fully committed to success, and have complete faith in my abilities to do so. ;)

So did the guys that got fired. This isnt college dude. I hope you do well, just make sure you keeping on top of stuff is all. good luck.

Offline NoogaTiger

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 06:07 »
So did the guys that got fired. This isnt college dude. I hope you do well, just make sure you keeping on top of stuff is all. good luck.

Yes sir, I understand that it isn't college, that is not what I was expecting, I am not underestimating the challenge, I am making a statement that I fully intend to meet whatever challenge is put before me. I'm also not a kid, and haven't called anybody a dude in about ten years, that I can recall.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 07:41 »
Yes sir, I understand that it isn't college, that is not what I was expecting, I am not underestimating the challenge, I am making a statement that I fully intend to meet whatever challenge is put before me. I'm also not a kid, and haven't called anybody a dude in about ten years, that I can recall.

Well said! Keep us posted, stick around to share your experience, and good luck!
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 09:06 »

Never called you a kid. Never implied you were a kid. I call everyone "dude" and "man" here. Sorry? lol

Anyway, good to hear you are mentally prepared for the challenges of changing to nuclear power operations :)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 12:22 »
Offer extended, Clearance received, Physical done, waiting on a start date. ;)

If you find out the start date before I do, it will speak volumes!  :o

Regardless, glad to have you joining us!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline NoogaTiger

• Light User
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 02:42 »
I've got an educated guess on the start date, but there are still some variables.
I'm honored and excited to be joining!

Offline Papa Nuc

• Moderate User
« Reply #16 on: Jun 14, 2011, 02:15 »
Nooga, sent you a pm with a question.  Thanks.

Fermi2

« Reply #17 on: Jun 14, 2011, 02:36 »
I know the start date.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?