Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Furthering education honeypot

Author Topic: Furthering education  (Read 3402 times)

a_robinson2001

Furthering education
« on: May 14, 2011, 01:49 »
Recently I tested an interviewed for a position as an I&C tech and I was not given  one of the positions but I was kept as an alternate and they said I would be first in line for any new positions. I was happy to get that far but I still didn't get the job, so I was thinking about enrolling in the nuclear power technology program at Bismark State College. It is one of the few programs that the EPCE endorses and the only one done completely online. I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this program and if it is a good way to get into the industry?

Thanks

Offline Bradtv

• Moderate User
  • NukeLurker
Re: Furthering education
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 12:11 »
It couldn't hurt, but it sounds like you already meet their entry level requirements.  You are just looking for something to put you over the top.  This is where it gets hard to determine, especially without knowing your resume.  If you have a technical degree or good experience, perhaps the certificate will do.

Whether or not you finally decide to take the program, keeping in touch with the hiring people and maintaining your contacts is much more important (in my opinion).
"Life is pleasant.  Death is peaceful.
It's the transition that's troublesome."  -Asimov

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?