Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Swimming Pool Vacuum for Cavity Decon?

Author Topic: Swimming Pool Vacuum for Cavity Decon?  (Read 4878 times)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Swimming Pool Vacuum for Cavity Decon?
« on: May 17, 2011, 06:24 »
Was wondering if anyone has tried to hook up one of those self-propelled swimming pool vacuum heads or 'wall climbers' to their Tri-Nuke for a quick vacuum before draindown?

Seems like it would work good in the lower cavity of a PWR...or the equipment pit of a BWR...

Thanks!   :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 06:26 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

IPREGEN

Re: Swimming Pool Vacuum for Cavity Decon?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 10:59 »
There was a device called "the shark" used in the past. It was a wall/floor crawling decon device for when the cavity was flooded.

Offline Frankie Love

• Very Heavy User
  • You don't miss the water...until the well runs dry
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 12:13 »
I was in charge of a crew that used the Shark. It requires major use of the polar crane. Scotchbrite pads were stacked horizontally and a air operated motor rotated the pads in one motion to scour the walls. It covered a ~ two foot path with the Crane raising and lowering the Shark. There was also a "WEPA" device from a Swedish company (I think) that had rotating disks of Scotchbrite pads and it also required the polar crane. I remember a Tri-nuke filtration system that is entirely different but used a sh#t load of filters and acted like a pool skimmer.

Offline Jonesmp

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2011, 12:39 »
I work at a TRIGA reactor and our bulk shield tank has gotten nasty with algae and possibly mildew.... Is there a good website for said "shark" system?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?