Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Vermont Yankee operators sue state.

Author Topic: Vermont Yankee operators sue state.  (Read 6558 times)

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Vermont Yankee operators sue state.
« on: Jun 23, 2011, 09:47 »
Whoa, this is interesting. Wonder if it will have any effect?

http://www.reformer.com/ci_18334729?source=most_viewed
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: Vermont Yankee operators sue state.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2011, 09:32 »
These are some of the top guys at the site - respected, regular guys. Not a slacker in the bunch. Since the license (some of them just got theirs, some of them have been SROs for decade +) is for VY only, having the state shut down the plant effectively invalidates their federal license, which they believe the state does not have the jurisdiction to do.

Needless to say, I wish them well. Gonna find out more Monday.
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline capgun2

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2011, 09:15 »
Any new updates? Lots of rumors flying around about the outage. Is there still a refuel outage this fall? Hearing a federal judge ruled the plant cannot operate after March 2012. Hope that's not true.

mecheng

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2011, 11:28 »
No fuel ordered yet. The injunction did not pass which would let VY operate while the case was in appeal (If the first case failed).  If they do not order fuel by the 22nd, I would not count on an outage.  This case has much broader ramifications.  Cuomo wants to do the same thing to IPEC.  It sucks for us employees though as we do not know what to do  :-[

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Here's the latest...
« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2011, 08:30 »
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2011, 02:13 »
Two things.  1. You could have attached the pdf to your message. 2. You double posted this.

That aside, congratulations.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2011, 02:27 »
Two things.  1. You could have attached the pdf to your message. 2. You double posted this.

That aside, congratulations.

1. Saving bandwidth - didn't know  :D
2. I'm double excited.... ;D

Thanks 8)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Jul 25, 2011, 05:04 »
1. Saving bandwidth - didn't know  :D
2. I'm double excited.... ;D

Thanks 8)

1.  I'll buy that ;)
2.  I'll second that.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?