Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Phase II help  

Author Topic: Phase II help  (Read 4387 times)

AaronBang

Phase II help
« on: Jun 28, 2011, 06:51 »
Hi guys,
I've just completed DOE Core Phase I testing (passed on my first try w/ an 88%!).  So, I am very happy w/ that result, especially since I studied independently and with the help of this website for many months.  My question now is, can anybody suggest some options for me to complete the Phase II, Facility-specific training?  I don't have much holding me to one spot, so I am willing to move around the country to get the experience, I'm just not sure which avenues to start looking into. 

Hoping to get some good suggestions from the resident experts in here: any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)
Aaron

AaronBang

Re: Phase II help
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2011, 06:58 »
Sorry, forgot to mention that this is RCT Phase-I and Phase-II training, my bad... ::)

AaronBang

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2011, 03:30 »
So, no suggestions from anybody, huh?  Or, maybe, it's just that everybody else in here is already 'in', so they don't really look in this forum much?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2011, 03:50 »
So sorry we failed to meet your expectations of a 24-hour turnaround.

My question now is, can anybody suggest some options for me to complete the Phase II, Facility-specific training? 

Umm, be onsite at the facility? That's WHY there is a facility-specific portion, so it can't just be blazed off by someone with no clue at that facility.

AaronBang

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2011, 06:00 »
LOL!  I was looking at the number of views w/o a reply... ;)

Yeah, I'm at Hanford, PFP, 200-West area now, but as a Material Coordinator.  That's how I got Phase I done; w/ help from local RCT's and this site. 

So, to summarize, the only way to get Phase II training is to get hired at a DOE facility, and the only way to get hired at a DOE facility is to have the training, is what you're saying?

AaronBang

« Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2011, 06:26 »
No, thanks, I'm not interested in that career path, but thank you for the suggestion.  I am much more interested in getting out and doing work in the field rather than staying in an office.  There are plenty of RCT's locally that seem to be very interested in sitting in an office, but that's not for me. 

I've already put in months of work independently to get to the end of Phase I--I'm just looking for suggestions on how to complete phase II and exploring all options.  I've been doing a lot of leg-work, and was hoping that this forum might give me advice on opportunities I might have overlooked. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?