Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Like Father,....Like Son,...

Author Topic: Like Father,....Like Son,...  (Read 28257 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Like Father,....Like Son,...
« Reply #50 on: Jan 12, 2017, 05:50 »
One of 50 yes,....

NYISO makes New York one of one,....

https://www.ferc.gov/industries/electric/indus-act/rto/metrics/nyiso-rto-metrics.pdf

In addition, section 215 of the Federal Power Act, as amended by the Energy Policy Act of 2005, allows the State of
New York to ―establish rules that result in greater reliability within the state.‖ The NYISO is, therefore, also
responsible for complying with rules established by the New York State Reliability Council, L.L.C ("NYSRC"), whose
mission is to promote and preserve the reliability of electric service on the New York power system by developing,
maintaining, and updating the Reliability Rules which shall be complied with by the NYISO and all entities engaging
in electric transmission, ancillary services, energy and power transactions on the New York power system.

I can be so definitive because I know my definitive documents,...

I am still not convinced does this take a super majority to override? The Fed giveth the Fed taketh away. I didn't buy it the first, second, or third time why do you think I am now convinced that this law or other barriers cannot be overturned by Trump/Perry.  ::)

[coffee]
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2017, 06:00 by Marlin »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #51 on: Jan 12, 2017, 06:08 »
I am still not convinced does this take a super majority to override? The Fed giveth the Fed taketh away. I didn't buy it the first, second, or third time why do you think I am now convinced that this law or other barriers cannot be overturned by Trump/Perry.  ::)

[coffee]

well, IF Trump/Perry can mandate that New York MUST build natural gas plants to make up for IP,....

well then - WOW

IF Trump/Perry can mandate that Entergy keep IP open regardless of the closure deal which Entergy negotiated with New York,...

well then - WOW

if business and states can no longer negotiate without the approval of Trump/Perry,...

well, so much for State's Rights and business prerogatives unfettered by Federal Mandate,...

bring on the national divorce,.... [jerry]

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #52 on: Jan 12, 2017, 06:28 »
well, IF Trump/Perry can mandate that New York MUST build natural gas plants to make up for IP,....

They can remove unreasonable blocks to it, the main reason there are not new ones now is environmental not energy related. No one said mandate.

IF Trump/Perry can mandate that Entergy keep IP open regardless of the closure deal which Entergy negotiated with New York,...

I never mentioned that in this thread so why bring it up it?

if business and states can no longer negotiate without the approval of Trump/Perry,...

What negotiation? And if the negotiation is across state lines as is the supply from Pennsylvania they definitely have a say. Does the NY grid supply only NY or is it attached to the national grid.

Please, states rights for interstate commerce and come to think of it international commerce as Canada is in the mix.

Still not convinced.  :old:

[coffee]

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #53 on: Jan 12, 2017, 09:57 »
They can remove unreasonable blocks to it, the main reason there are not new ones now is environmental not energy related. No one said mandate.

the New York CES is still there after Trump reduces EPA, etc.,....

states are allowed to be more restrictive than the feds,....

the New York CES would have to be abrogated by somebody,...

I never mentioned that in this thread so why bring it up it?

perhaps I misread your intent,...

What negotiation? And if the negotiation is across state lines as is the supply from Pennsylvania they definitely have a say. Does the NY grid supply only NY or is it attached to the national grid.

NYS gets upwards of ten percent of it's power from PJM / Canada, it adds stability, there are 5 years to phase out the non-green PJM and pull in more of the Canada,...

Please, states rights for interstate commerce and come to think of it international commerce as Canada is in the mix.

autonomy as delineated in section 215 of the Federal Power Act, as amended by the Energy Policy Act of 2005,...

thanks for the derisive dismissiveness of what are important, codified, understandings,....

you sure the self described neo-con is not slipping back into his one size fits all liberal youth?!?!?!?
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2017, 10:00 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #54 on: Jan 12, 2017, 10:21 »
the New York CES is still there after Trump reduces EPA, etc.,....

states are allowed to be more restrictive than the feds,....

the New York CES would have to be abrogated by somebody,...

perhaps I misread your intent,...

NYS gets upwards of ten percent of it's power from PJM / Canada, it adds stability, there are 5 years to phase out the non-green PJM and pull in more of the Canada,...

autonomy as delineated in section 215 of the Federal Power Act, as amended by the Energy Policy Act of 2005,...

thanks for the derisive dismissiveness of what are important, codified, understandings,....

you sure the self described neo-con is not slipping back into his one size fits all liberal youth?!?!?!?

We are deep into diminishing returns and into recycling the same old stuff. More than time to agree to disagree.   [42]

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #55 on: Jan 12, 2017, 10:59 »
We are deep into diminishing returns and into recycling the same old stuff. More than time to agree to disagree.   [42]

ya think?!?!?!?

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2017, 01:01 by ksheed12 »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #57 on: Jan 27, 2017, 01:16 »
Seems related...

<90 miles from NYC...

http://www.bechtel.com/newsroom/releases/2017/01/bechtel-build-new-power-plant-new-york-state/?utm_source=linkedin&utm_campaign=cricketvalley&utm_medium=social

Very interesting...

bastards,...

(gonna pollute the New England downwinders with a natgas plant which can sell to Hartford or whoever has the coin to pay, dam New Yorkers!!!!!)
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2017, 01:20 by GLW »

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #58 on: Jan 27, 2017, 01:40 »
I'm sure all those brilliant NY politicians will stop this nonsense.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #59 on: Jan 27, 2017, 03:02 »
...brilliant NY politicians...

Oxymoron alert!
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?