Facility & Company Information > Palo Verde

Palo Verde anyone?

<< < (2/7) > >>

navynukedoc:

--- Quote from: tagline on Jul 07, 2011, 10:03 ---Most places require you to be 50 miles from plant to get per diem. But I have seen places that are farther. But with you already stating that you will be going home every night you won't need nor should you get per diem. Be careful with what you say. This is the "world wide web"

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip, although I am not new to the internet. ;)

Palo Verde is 100 miles minimum for PD and since I have to produce a state issued ID, they will figure out that I don't live that far away. So be it said here or not, I think Nuke HR reps remember 2+2=

Content1:
drive sixty miles and no per diem?  No per diem, no see um. 

tagline:

--- Quote from: Content1 on Jul 07, 2011, 02:44 ---drive sixty miles and no per diem?  No per diem, no see um. 

--- End quote ---

Amen.

Sun Dog:

--- Quote from: Content1 on Jul 07, 2011, 02:44 ---drive sixty miles and no per diem?  No per diem, no see um.  

--- End quote ---

The tax SME or other PD pros will probably clarify this but in the mean time the peanut gallery has the floor...

The daily commute distance has no impact on eligibility to receive PD.  The intent of PD is to compensate the employee for the additional expenses incurred while on a short term assignment away from home.  If you are sleeping in your own bed in your own home you are not working away from home.

navynukedoc:

--- Quote from: Content1 on Jul 07, 2011, 02:44 ---drive sixty miles and no per diem?  No per diem, no see um. 

--- End quote ---

In my benefit though, they did raise my wage SIGNIFICANTLY to try and match what i would have missed, only difference in this one is, mine will be included in my taxes.

Oh well, It's my first outage, I have plenty more to learn from!
--- Quote from: Sun Dog on Jul 07, 2011, 03:02 --- If you are sleeping in your own bed in your own home you are not working away from home.

--- End quote ---

Exactly!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version