Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Best nuclear jobs for ex Navy Nuke Officers

Author Topic: Best nuclear jobs for ex Navy Nuke Officers  (Read 11479 times)

mathkills

Best nuclear jobs for ex Navy Nuke Officers
« on: Jul 10, 2011, 01:25 »
I am currently an active duty O-3 qualified in Submarines and qualified Engineer.  I have been passed over for department head and now I am thinking the best option might be to get out.  When I look through the job opportunities I see alot of job titles and I am not really sure what kinds of jobs my experience bes suits me for.  As background I have a B.S. in Physics and Mathematics, an M.S. in Physics and an M.S. in Modelling and Simulation.

thanks for any help,

SP

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: Best nuclear jobs for ex Navy Nuke Officers
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2011, 01:34 »
What do you want to do? Is it correct to assume that you are looking at commercial nukes since you are looking here?

What can you do...?

Engineering? Yup.

Ops? Yup.

Maintenance supervision? Yup.

Pretty much anything. If you want ops, looks for direct SRO.

Justin

PS There are many ex Navy officers that have gone through this, search the forums a bit. I am in class right now with an ex Navigator, for example.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline USSMiamiElex

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2011, 10:02 »
Look outside your field. 

I worked at Raytheon as sonar design, then moved to General Dynamics Land Systems and have been working on Stryker vehicles for quite awhile.  Both great companies.

Good luck,
Terry Ramsey
ex-Nuc EM1(SS)

Catch6ShootingStars

« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2011, 08:52 »
why would you want to get out of the Navy?  they will pay you better, especially with all the bonuses...  it's more secure in the Navy, as well...

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2011, 09:04 »
why would you want to get out of the Navy?  they will pay you better, especially with all the bonuses...  it's more secure in the Navy, as well...

Wrong.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Sep 03, 2011, 11:30 »

Compared to a worker in Chosin, North Korea, perhaps so!   8)

Offline Frank Cable

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Sep 03, 2011, 10:20 »
Wrong.
I think your sarcasm meter needs calibration.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #7 on: Sep 03, 2011, 10:46 »
I think your sarcasm meter needs calibration.

Wrong. He wasn't being sarcastic.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?