Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Requesting advice on becoming an NLO

Author Topic: Requesting advice on becoming an NLO  (Read 3653 times)

Offline mspack09

• Very Lite User
Requesting advice on becoming an NLO
« on: Jul 13, 2011, 12:47 »
Hello, this is my first time posting here.  I've been researching the forums for a while and found a lot of good information.  Does anyone have some spare time to take a look at my resume?  I would really appreciate any suggestions you might be able to provide me with.

Here's some of my background:  I am an ex-Navy ET nuke but I got out after 4 years due to medical reasons which are no longer an issue.  I had no trouble going through the pipeline and qualified RO on my submarine within six months of arriving.  I got out in 2009 and have been attending college while using the GI bill ever since.  Right now I have no more than two semesters left until I complete my Bachelor's degree in Nuclear Engineering Technology from Excelsior College (regionally and ABET accredited).  

I would also like to know how much information from previous work experience would I be required to know to land a job as an NLO?  From my research, it seems as if completing the POSS test is the only requirement, but is there other information I should relearn?

I am really looking forward to working at a nuclear power plant so any advice would be warmly welcomed.  Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2011, 12:47 by mspack09 »

Offline GatorNuke007

• Light User
Re: Requesting advice on becoming an NLO
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2011, 10:57 »
I recently just made this transaction and virtually talked to every power company during my job search. I can send you a copy of a couple resumes that I have if that might help you out. Since you will have a degree and are a RO you may be able to qualify for the Direct SRO program at some companies. I warn you however that this is not an easy program and it is very demanding much like the navy is on the family since you are home and have the ability to see them but you cant because you need to study. The POSS Test is easy dont let anyone tell you otherwise just take the practice exams that are available online. You can also send me your resume if you would like and I can look over it. Just send me a message out of the forum and I will provide you with my email address.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?