Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Systems Final

Author Topic: Systems Final  (Read 5973 times)

Offline Longhornfan

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Systems Final
« on: Jul 25, 2011, 05:55 »
Systems final is over with no failures.  Now its time to see if we can put all that knowledge to use in the simulator.  One more domino has fallen.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: Systems Final
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2011, 06:10 »
Congratulations! Good luck! It all comes together in the simulator! PWR or BWR?
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2011, 06:22 »
Congrats!  Keep reviewing your systems.  This will benefit you greatly in AOPs, EOPs, and Integrated Plant.  The simulator is awesome.  Never pass up a chance to get time on the boards. 
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

MacGyver

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2011, 07:02 »
Congrats LF.  Enjoy the sim.

Offline Longhornfan

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2011, 09:59 »
Congratulations! Good luck! It all comes together in the simulator! PWR or BWR?

PWR.  Thank you for all the well wishes...I will readily admit that this has been the hardest thing I have attempted in my life all in all...and not being a young man anymore doesn't make things any easier.  I can take the Grandpa references since I am still hanging with the young pups. Mostly they just call me "Grumpy".

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2011, 07:39 »
Excellent. 75% through systems here. I miss my boiler though. :P
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2011, 08:32 »
Systems Systems Systems! Study Systems!

Higgs, I had major boiler withdrawal man but I do love PWR EOPs even though there are a lot of them. I will say I miss the Wild West Mentality of BWR EOPs.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #7 on: Jul 27, 2011, 08:35 »
Systems Systems Systems! Study Systems!

Higgs, I had major boiler withdrawal man but I do love PWR EOPs even though there are a lot of them. I will say I miss the Wild West Mentality of BWR EOPs.

That is EXACTLY what I miss. ;D

I take a lot of crap in class because they guys all say we boiler people are just cowboys shooting from the hip. :P

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #8 on: Jul 27, 2011, 08:42 »
I take a lot of crap in class because they guys all say we boiler people are just cowboys shooting from the hip. :P

At least during a full load rejection at EOL with a pot full of MOX fuel ;)

Fermi2

« Reply #9 on: Jul 28, 2011, 02:42 »
That is EXACTLY what I miss. ;D

During the debrief when I got my BWR SRO License the lead examiner told my plant and ops manager that not only was a buckaroo  who fired from the hip, that somehow I managed to fire straight through the holster and reload to fire again without ever taking the gun out of the holster. Back then getting out the flow charts was not a requirement, so I didn't get them out during my exam. Sometimes I miss those days.

(On the other hand he did acknowledge I hit everything I shot at!)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?