Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu laborer jobs

Author Topic: laborer jobs  (Read 6968 times)

Offline iiiisx349

• Moderate User
  • i love fishing
laborer jobs
« on: Aug 07, 2011, 11:28 »
i heard from a friend a company is hiring for laborers at a plant in the midwest..i am on the east coast,750 miles away.i could work there if they hire me. i have family and could stay with family if this company doesnt pay per diem.should i chance going all that way to see if i get hired? its a long drive and there are only 30 slots open.i sent the company my resume.
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2011, 11:29 by iiiisx349 »

drayer54

Re: laborer jobs
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2011, 11:56 »
A friend of mine told me that the _______ plant is hiring laborers. I am interested in the position, but don't have any contacts at ___________. I don't live nearby and need to find a way to contact their HR Rep. Also, does anyone know if ------------- pays per diem? I have already submitted a resume and appreciate any input on the situation.

I think you are going to need to put some more detail in that post to get any serious help.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2011, 08:00 »
You might want to find out if these are union laborer jobs.  If so, you'll need to contact the Laborers' Local in that area and find out if you can join.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline iiiisx349

• Moderate User
  • i love fishing
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2011, 06:18 »
hmmm i called the company and they said i have to physically be there.i am experienced in nuke work but i am older.would i have a shot? thinking i am going to be homeless soon so if i take 2 weeks of stuff with me in case i get hired i can stay right there for a bit.if i go i waste all that money on gas that i could use to pay a bill.any thoughts?im trying to think of every angle

Offline Bradtv

• Moderate User
  • NukeLurker
« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:43 »
I was surprised to not see too many people in the short time I was there.

It was a no-go for me with my current school schedule.   ::)
I might get to catch a spring outage however.
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2011, 09:43 by Bradtv »
"Life is pleasant.  Death is peaceful.
It's the transition that's troublesome."  -Asimov

Offline iiiisx349

• Moderate User
  • i love fishing
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2011, 12:22 »
were you there in stevensville?

Offline Bradtv

• Moderate User
  • NukeLurker
« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2011, 12:47 »
I was

Offline iiiisx349

• Moderate User
  • i love fishing
« Reply #7 on: Aug 15, 2011, 12:54 »
wow  i was going to try to go but 1)didnt have the monewy to travel there,2)over 700 miles of drivingand then maybe not getting the job anyway.well they do have my resume so  hoping,hoping,hoping

Offline Bradtv

• Moderate User
  • NukeLurker
« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2011, 12:59 »
Only 35 miles for me. 

Outage season is just beginning.  Keep an eye out and hopefully you'll snag an offer closer to home.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?