Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Color Deficiency/Physical Fitness Test Questions  

Author Topic: Color Deficiency/Physical Fitness Test Questions  (Read 6276 times)

nate24

Color Deficiency/Physical Fitness Test Questions
« on: Sep 18, 2011, 10:47 »
I recently applied for an Armed Security Officer Trainee position with Exelon and I am concerned about the vision portion of the physical.  I have a very mild red/green deficiency in my vision. Will this disqualify me from being hired?  Also can anyone tell me what the Timed Physical Fitness Test consists of?

Thanks in advance.

nate24

Re: Color Deficiency/Physical Fitness Test Questions
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2011, 07:59 »
Anyone????? ??? ???

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2011, 08:38 »
That will be tough to find someone to answer that here. Off the top of my head, I don't know anyone here working for exelon security.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Jonesmp

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2011, 01:14 »
nuclear operators are not allowed to be colorblind because of the panels we look at every day.  As far as security, from what I have heard and experienced working with security, it shouldn't be an issue.  It really depends which "interview" they call you for.  If you go for a "casual" rifle shoot, it's a job interview.  I worked for a short time for a security firm after such a shoot because I could iron sight very well.  Security does not require color sight; and in some studies the colorblind are actually better at it.

Offline Contract SRO

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2011, 09:50 »
nuclear operators are not allowed to be colorblind because of the panels we look at every day. 

I know this is off topic but I did not want something that was not accurate to be left uncorrected.  There very well may be some utilities that do not allow any operators that are color deficeint, but I have worked with several operators throughout my career that were legally color blind.  If the utility is willing to make compensation in some form to allow the operator to be able to distinguish the color there are easy ways to qualify a color deficeint candidate for the operator ranks.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?