Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC chances as of right now? honeypot

Author Topic: NUPOC chances as of right now?  (Read 4923 times)

blazinbboy

NUPOC chances as of right now?
« on: Nov 15, 2011, 01:24 »
Good afternoon everyone,

Well currently I attend a community college in CT. I'm purusing an AA degree in Nuclear Engineering Technology with a 3.54 GPA currently.

My goals are to attend either Ohio State University or Texas Tech for a chemical/mechanical engineering degree.

I have talked to the officer recruiter in Texas and was told that all my information is in their system and forwarded to a NUPOC "representative" (I forgot the position) and should be receiving a phone call tomorrow. All of the information included legal, history, etc and that the items I would need waived, are waiverable.

One of my questions is, how good does it look that I would attend NROTC at OSU (given I was accepted) and applied for NUPOC?

Now the same situation but if I decided AROTC instead?

As of right now, my main concern is the "probability" of being accepted to NUPOC. This of course means keeping my GPA competitive and doing everything right.

The Texas recruiter has to have been the best recruiter I have ever dealt with and he was more than willing to give me straight answers and to even take my info down when I haven't decided to go to Texas Tech yet.

Regardless, I would like to apply for NUPOC in my sophomore year but I would just like a sort of realistic number of applicants and acceptances I'm against.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Offline cheme09

• Moderate User
Re: NUPOC chances as of right now?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2011, 02:23 »
You either do ROTC or NUPOC.  Can't do both.

If you decide on NROTC, you can still go nuclear, but not under the NUPOC program. 

blazinbboy

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2011, 03:20 »
I understand picking one. But if I were to be a "college programmer" and add the NROTC classes to my course load and participate, would it have any positive input on my NUPOC application?

I mean this while not being on a NROTC scholarship.

Like it would show that I would like to become an officer sort of thing.

Thank you for the reply.

Offline ToadSuck

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2011, 10:01 »
It will not help you if you take ROTC classes.

You can only apply to this program as a full time enrolled student. CAVEAT: you can apply over the summer time before you are actually taking classes as long as you can get registered for classes and have a degree completion plan...then if it doesn't work out you can withdraw and get your money back.

Take a full load and get A's and B's and you will be fine. You have to be within 30 months of graduation per a school counselor signed degree completion plan showing semester by semester what you will take and done with 1 year of Calc (1 & 2) and 1 year of CALC based physics (not the univ physic or other non-major physics). If you didn't get an "A" or "B" in those classes it is probably not going to happen for you.

Once you are in you have to maintain at least a 3.3 GPA. Hopefully, getting paid E-6 pay and benefits to make school your job should make it possible...

For the number of people taken and other info from the NTO's who help qualify you up at national recruiting headquarters... http://navynupoc.blogspot.com/ ...  http://www.nukewarriors.com/forum/

That's enough for now...

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?